n(+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural)
- 1.1 (active sports) (American English/inglés norteamericano) deportes (masculine plural)More example sentences1.2 (track and field) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) atletismo (masculine)
More example sentences
- Having done athletics and played netball the transition to rugby was not difficult.
- And after that you have athletics and golf and tennis and whatever you like yourself.
- Were ancient athletics useful for preparing young Greek men for the battlefield?
- Jarlath Duffy won his award following a very successful year on the athletics track.
- The other topic that has dogged athletics, as it has so many sports in recent years, is drugs.
- It is not just in athletics that competitors have tried to evade being drug-tested.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.