noun/nombre(+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural)
- 1.1 (active sports) (American English/inglés norteamericano) deportes (masculine plural)More example sentences1.2 (track and field) (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) atletismo (masculine)
More example sentences
- Having done athletics and played netball the transition to rugby was not difficult.
- And after that you have athletics and golf and tennis and whatever you like yourself.
- Were ancient athletics useful for preparing young Greek men for the battlefield?
- Jarlath Duffy won his award following a very successful year on the athletics track.
- The other topic that has dogged athletics, as it has so many sports in recent years, is drugs.
- It is not just in athletics that competitors have tried to evade being drug-tested.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.