- 1.1 [Nuclear Physics/Física Nuclear] átomo (masculine) to split the atom dividir el átomo a hydrogen atom un átomo de hidrógenoMore example sentences1.2 (tiny piece) there's not an atom of truth in it no hay un ápice de verdad en ello he hasn't an atom of sense no tiene ni pizca de sensatez
More example sentences
- Heisenberg is already very famous as a scientist, and when the war starts, he will work for the Nazis trying to split the atom and develop an atomic bomb.
- Rutherford knew that alpha particles, which readily pierced the atom's cloud of electrons, didn't have enough energy to penetrate and pry apart the nucleus.
- They showed us how to split the atom and harness nuclear fuel so that we might finally meet them as equals.
- It is the height of hypocrisy for him to complain that Darwinism lacks causal specificity when his own theory lacks any specificity, including one atom of historical concreteness.
- Was this, as I suspected in every atom of my being, a cooked sausage that just wasn't properly cooked?
- I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Did you know that bable (or asturiano) is a variety of Castilian spoken in Asturias? It went into decline when the kingdom of Castile achieved political dominance and imposed Castilian on what became Spain. By the twentieth century it was confined to rural areas. With the revival of Spanish regional languages