Translation of atonement in Spanish:
- [formal] (for sins) expiación (feminine) in atonement for his rudeness en desagravio por su groseríaExample sentences
- Compassionate assistance cannot, of course, be a substitute for the punishment of criminal acts or atonement for wrongdoing.
- Their pacifist constitution is both atonement for a bloody past and a defining national characteristic.
- Yet that still does not amount to full atonement for what he did.
- This is not because we have earned God's favor but simply because we belong to Christ and his sacrifice has made perfect atonement for our sin.
- The two offerings together symbolized a community of people at peace with God because atonement for sins had been made.
- They receive a free pardon from God for all their sins - past, present and future - through the death of Christ as an offering and atonement for sin.
- Yet at the same time they deny the doctrine of the Trinity, of the Incarnation, of the Atonement, and of justification by faith alone.
- The result has been some fascinating studies of such topics as sin, the Atonement, and the Incarnation.
- Regarding the Atonement, he asked: ‘How can the guilt of one man be expiated by the death of another who is sinless - if indeed one may speak of a sinless man at all?’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.