Translation of atrium in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural atria /ˈeɪtriə/)
- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] atrio (masculine)Example sentences1.2
(plural atriums)[Architecture/Arquitectura] atrio (masculine)Example sentences
- The right atrium receives oxygen-poor blood from the body.
- When the heart relaxes in between beats, the two ‘flaps’ of the mitral valve swing open to let blood flow from the atrium to the ventricle.
- The left atrium of the heart receives oxygenated (oxygen-rich) blood from the lungs and then empties into the left ventricle through the mitral valve.
- The sequence of these spaces in the palace suggests the atrium and peristyle of Roman houses, basic features of domestic architecture emphasized by the Roman writer Vitruvius.
- The rich lived in single-storey houses which were built around a central hall known as an atrium.
- The rich had large, gracious homes, each with an entrance atrium, like the family room.
- The scene shows Christ standing at the right preaching in the atrium of a church, with the redcloaked Magdalen standing alone to the left of the crowd, undergoing her conversion.
- Sir Basil Spence, who designed Coventry Cathedral, oversaw the restoration, constructing a marble-floored atrium.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.