Translation of atrium in Spanish:
noun plural atria
- 1.1 (Anatomy)Example sentences1.2
plural atriums(Architecture)Example sentences
- The right atrium receives oxygen-poor blood from the body.
- When the heart relaxes in between beats, the two ‘flaps’ of the mitral valve swing open to let blood flow from the atrium to the ventricle.
- The left atrium of the heart receives oxygenated (oxygen-rich) blood from the lungs and then empties into the left ventricle through the mitral valve.
- The sequence of these spaces in the palace suggests the atrium and peristyle of Roman houses, basic features of domestic architecture emphasized by the Roman writer Vitruvius.
- The rich lived in single-storey houses which were built around a central hall known as an atrium.
- The rich had large, gracious homes, each with an entrance atrium, like the family room.
- The scene shows Christ standing at the right preaching in the atrium of a church, with the redcloaked Magdalen standing alone to the left of the crowd, undergoing her conversion.
- Sir Basil Spence, who designed Coventry Cathedral, oversaw the restoration, constructing a marble-floored atrium.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.