Translation of atrocious in Spanish:
- 1.1 (very bad) [colloquial/familiar] [food/spelling/manners] espantoso [colloquial/familiar], atrozExample sentences1.2 (horrifying) [crime/injuries/conditions] atroz
- The generally poor and occasionally atrocious quality of the writing doesn't help.
- It's unforgivably bad journalism, laughably poor sub-editing, and atrocious proof-reading.
- The weather was atrocious, with heavy snow and high winds.
- This helps to explain why murder is such an atrocious crime.
- It was possibly the most atrocious monstrosity every pulled off on American soil.
- They watched the hideous spectacle, stunned by the monster's atrocious acts.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.