Translation of attendant in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in museum, parking lot)(in pool, toilets) encargado, (-da) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (of royalty)
miembro (masculine) del séquitothe Queen and her attendantsla reina y su séquitoExample sentences
- There would be no incentive for road users to control the demand for parking, and there would also be no incentive for parking attendants to provide a service.
- ‘Customers have come in saying there are massive queues in all the other garages,’ an attendant at the Cardiff Service Station said.
- It means re-establishing park wardens, bus conductors and platform attendants who provide some community control, and giving people a degree of hope and a sense of community.
- The courtiers, attendants, guards and servants sighed in audible relief.
- Funds were provided for the eight-strong party of noblemen and ladies, their twelve gentlemen attendants and seventy-five servants.
- The effect on the city of Edo was a permanent presence of noblemen and samurai with a huge staff of retainers, attendants and servants.
- 1.1 (accompanying) [formal]parenthood and its attendant responsibilitiesla paternidad y las responsabilidades que comporta or conllevaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (on duty)
- The last essay, by Blair Ruble, deals with the problems attendant on the creation of new civic or national symbols.
- Nowhere does he emphasize the special moral dangers attendant on an active engagement in war.
- Government policy states that increases in water charges should result in an attendant reduction in commercial rates, yet, both continue to rise.
- We stepped aside only for a large flock of freshly-shorn sheep that seemed, without attendant farmer or dog, on autopilot back to their field.
- Titian preferred to paint the goddess Diana bathing in a curtained colonnade, with her entourage of nymphs and even an attendant slave girl and small dog.
- He was, on the face of it, no more than an accessory to the theatrically gifted and great, an attendant lord but never Hamlet.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.