Translation of attitude in Spanish:
- 1 countable/numerable (way of feeling, thinking) actitud (feminine) I don't like your attitude no me gusta tu actitud he takes a very different attitude adopta una actitud muy distinta she takes the attitude that … para ella …, ella opina or piensa que … if you're going to take that attitude si te vas a poner así fear is an attitude of mind el miedo es una disposición de ánimo attitude
too towardsth/sb actitud haciaalgo/algnExample sentences
- Public opinion and the public attitude to war is often a key to whether there will be a war in the first place.
- A sensitive attitude to cultural differences is necessary if the alliance is to succeed.
- It reminded me of how much we're complete opposites when it comes to our attitude to public transport.
- 2 countable/numerable 2.1 (posture) [formal] pose (feminine), postura (feminine) to strike an attitude adoptar una pose 2.2 (in ballet) posición (feminine)Example sentences2.3 [Aerospace/Espacio] [Aviation/Aviación] posición (feminine)
- The women hobble and stretch on point, doing something looking like an attitude, the knee isn't raised, but the leg stretches out from the knee.
- The dancers could not be faulted for they rendered their attitudes, tours and pirouettes with steady, professional manner.
- Although the pilot cannot deliberately overshoot the attitude limitation, the aircraft can.
- It is important to fully understand the effect a liquid's movement can have on the attitude control of these spacecraft.
- We use our view of the ground, the horizon and the sky to keep the airplane in the right attitude.
- His stocky body was set in an attitude of hopeless challenge.
- Plus, this healthy physical attitude of yours indicates deeper emotional well-being and stability.
- Three plump blackbirds, made all the plumper by the cold-weather attitude of their feathers, sat in a ragged row.
- 3 uncountable/no numerable (uncooperative behavior) [colloquial/familiar] actitud (feminine) hostilExample sentences
- Staff have an attitude and can't even raise a smile when you tip them!
- She came to his studio with attitude, but cradled his face in her hands to kiss him before she left.
- Last season they arrived with attitude and generally did not treat us well, making fun of us even though they are not very good themselves.
- Sarah pointed at a nine-year-old girl with attitude and spunk.
- So, I thought, it's just a bar with attitude.
- She comes across as sweet and innocent and yet as a teen with attitude.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.