Translation of attitude in Spanish:
- 1 countable (way of feeling, thinking) I don't like your attitudeno me gusta tu actitudhe takes a very different attitudeadopta una actitud muy distintashe takes the attitude that …para ella …if you're going to take that attitude
ella opina or piensa que …si te vas a poner asífear is an attitude of mindel miedo es una disposición de ánimoattitude
too towardsomething/somebodyactitud haciaalgo/alguienExample sentences
- Public opinion and the public attitude to war is often a key to whether there will be a war in the first place.
- A sensitive attitude to cultural differences is necessary if the alliance is to succeed.
- It reminded me of how much we're complete opposites when it comes to our attitude to public transport.
- His stocky body was set in an attitude of hopeless challenge.
- Plus, this healthy physical attitude of yours indicates deeper emotional well-being and stability.
- Three plump blackbirds, made all the plumper by the cold-weather attitude of their feathers, sat in a ragged row.
- 2 countable 2.1 (posture) [formal] to strike an attitudeadoptar una pose2.2 (in ballet)Example sentences2.3 (Aerospace, Aviation)
- The women hobble and stretch on point, doing something looking like an attitude, the knee isn't raised, but the leg stretches out from the knee.
- The dancers could not be faulted for they rendered their attitudes, tours and pirouettes with steady, professional manner.
- Although the pilot cannot deliberately overshoot the attitude limitation, the aircraft can.
- It is important to fully understand the effect a liquid's movement can have on the attitude control of these spacecraft.
- We use our view of the ground, the horizon and the sky to keep the airplane in the right attitude.
- 3 uncountable (uncooperative behavior) [colloquial]actitud (feminine) hostilExample sentences
- Staff have an attitude and can't even raise a smile when you tip them!
- She came to his studio with attitude, but cradled his face in her hands to kiss him before she left.
- Last season they arrived with attitude and generally did not treat us well, making fun of us even though they are not very good themselves.
- Sarah pointed at a nine-year-old girl with attitude and spunk.
- So, I thought, it's just a bar with attitude.
- She comes across as sweet and innocent and yet as a teen with attitude.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.