Translation of attract in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Physics)Example sentences1.2 (draw, create)
(interest)to attract somebody's attention
- The strong force also attracts protons to protons or neutrons to neutrons.
- This is consistent with the fact that matter attracts matter through the gravitational force.
- The two ions of opposite charge attract each other and an ionic bond is formed.
suscitaratraer la atención de alguienhe does it to attract attentionlo hace para llamar la atenciónto attract customers o businessatraer clientesthe film has attracted the highest praisela película ha sido objeto de los mayores elogiosit attracts a higher rate of interestdevenga un interés más altoExample sentences1.3 (interest) I'm not very attracted to the idea
la idea no me atrae demasiadoI don't feel attracted to himno me atrae
- And Britain continues to lead its Continental rivals in attracting foreign investment.
- The Lake District attracts thousands of foreign visitors each year.
- Ireland's success in attracting foreign investment is largely because of its low corporation tax rates.
no siento atracción por élExample sentences
- The blunt message attracted a mixed reaction.
- Each year the exhibition attracts widespread media attention.
- The police report has attracted widespread media attention in Texas over the last couple of days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.