Translation of attract in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Physics/Física] atraer*Example sentences1.2 (draw, create) [interest] suscitar to attract sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn he does it to attract attention lo hace para llamar la atención to attract customers o business atraer* clientes the film has attracted the highest praise la película ha sido objeto de los mayores elogios it attracts a higher rate of interest devenga un interés más alto
Example sentences1.3 (interest) atraer* I'm not very attracted to the idea la idea no me atrae demasiado I don't feel attracted to him no me atrae, no siento atracción por él
- The strong force also attracts protons to protons or neutrons to neutrons.
- This is consistent with the fact that matter attracts matter through the gravitational force.
- The two ions of opposite charge attract each other and an ionic bond is formed.
- And Britain continues to lead its Continental rivals in attracting foreign investment.
- The Lake District attracts thousands of foreign visitors each year.
- Ireland's success in attracting foreign investment is largely because of its low corporation tax rates.
- The blunt message attracted a mixed reaction.
- Each year the exhibition attracts widespread media attention.
- The police report has attracted widespread media attention in Texas over the last couple of days.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas