transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Physics/Física] atraer*More example sentences1.2 (draw, create) [interest] suscitar to attract sb's attention atraer* la atención de algn he does it to attract attention lo hace para llamar la atención to attract customers o business atraer* clientes the film has attracted the highest praise la película ha sido objeto de los mayores elogios it attracts a higher rate of interest devenga un interés más alto
More example sentences1.3 (interest) atraer* I'm not very attracted to the idea la idea no me atrae demasiado I don't feel attracted to him no me atrae, no siento atracción por él
- The strong force also attracts protons to protons or neutrons to neutrons.
- This is consistent with the fact that matter attracts matter through the gravitational force.
- The two ions of opposite charge attract each other and an ionic bond is formed.
More example sentences
- And Britain continues to lead its Continental rivals in attracting foreign investment.
- The Lake District attracts thousands of foreign visitors each year.
- Ireland's success in attracting foreign investment is largely because of its low corporation tax rates.
- The blunt message attracted a mixed reaction.
- Each year the exhibition attracts widespread media attention.
- The police report has attracted widespread media attention in Texas over the last couple of days.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.