Translation of audience in Spanish:
- 1 countable (at play, film)público (masculine)
espectadores (masculine plural)(Television)are there any teachers in the audience?
telespectadores (masculine plural)¿hay algún profesor entre el público?how will American audiences react to the play?¿cómo reaccionará el público americano ante la obra?the singer appeals to younger audiencesel cantante atrae a un público más jovenhe had a captive audience in meno tuve más remedio que escucharlothe fight attracted a sizeable audiencela pelea atrajo a un buen número de espectadoresrecorded before a live audiencegrabado en vivo or con públicothe book appealed to a wide audienceel libro era de interés para muchos tipos de lectores(before noun) audience participationparticipación (feminine) del públicoaudience ratingExample sentences
- Oddly, for the first time all year, the meeting had a public audience.
- Scheduled to be released in April, this is one film which will entertain audiences not in theatres but in school halls.
- I never understood the screaming hysteria, swooning, and sobbing that seem conventional behaviour for thronging female audiences at big rock concerts.
- What is it that makes Fox News work so well at attracting a big audience on television but not online?
- He has a proven track record in developing innovative, award winning programmes which the BBC audiences love.
- And programme promoters say they're attracting growing television audiences, which now stand at over 800,000.
- 2 2.1 countable (interview) (before noun) audience chambersala (feminine) de audienciasExample sentences
Example sentences2.2 uncountable (Law)
- His meals begin with breakfast at 8am, after which he goes to his study for two hours of reading and writing, followed by two hours of formal audiences before lunch.
- No other of the Enlightened Despots was more fond than Gustav of the time-wasting rituals of court life, the levees, formal audiences and ceremonial entries and exits.
- Pope John Paul II dedicated his weekly general audience at the Vatican to commemorate the attacks.
- He did not have a right of audience in relation to the hearing on 9 September 2002.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.