Translation of augury in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (divination) adivinación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (omen) presagio (masculine), augurio (masculine)
- A brace of dead geese, embodying the classical Roman method of augury, act as an image of mortality.
- As Hamlet remarked, ‘We defy augury… The readiness is all’.
- And by the way, Ganesha is an icon of good augury in almost all Asian countries.
- But the auguries for the future are more ambiguous.
- They are also auguries of the future: what was won for women and for racial and ethnic minorities will surely be won, in the lifetimes of some of us, for gay and lesbian couples.
- For one thing, political and economic auguries, specific market conditions, and likely future trends need all to be taken into account.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the