Translation of augury in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 uncountable (divination)Example sentences
- A brace of dead geese, embodying the classical Roman method of augury, act as an image of mortality.
- As Hamlet remarked, ‘We defy augury… The readiness is all’.
- And by the way, Ganesha is an icon of good augury in almost all Asian countries.
- 2 countable (omen)Example sentences
- But the auguries for the future are more ambiguous.
- They are also auguries of the future: what was won for women and for racial and ethnic minorities will surely be won, in the lifetimes of some of us, for gay and lesbian couples.
- For one thing, political and economic auguries, specific market conditions, and likely future trends need all to be taken into account.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.