Translation of augury in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (divination) adivinación (feminine)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (omen) presagio (masculine), augurio (masculine)
- A brace of dead geese, embodying the classical Roman method of augury, act as an image of mortality.
- As Hamlet remarked, ‘We defy augury… The readiness is all’.
- And by the way, Ganesha is an icon of good augury in almost all Asian countries.
- But the auguries for the future are more ambiguous.
- They are also auguries of the future: what was won for women and for racial and ethnic minorities will surely be won, in the lifetimes of some of us, for gay and lesbian couples.
- For one thing, political and economic auguries, specific market conditions, and likely future trends need all to be taken into account.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.