Translation of auspicious in Spanish:
- [formal] prometedor, auspicioso (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) he has made a most auspicious start ha comenzado con muy buenos auspicios or de manera muy prometedora or (in Southern Cone also/en Cono Sur también) auspiciosa on this auspicious occasion en esta feliz ocasiónExample sentences
- It comes into my life at an auspicious moment, as I will be hitting the road on Sunday.
- As mum and dad took photographs or recorded the auspicious moment on the camcorder, the youngsters played happily and tentative new friendships were formed.
- Timing is terribly important in the book trade and the publishers might have chosen to hold it back until a more auspicious moment.
- I do think it is an auspicious sign that women can vote and run for office.
- An auspicious sign of record label interest might be when the company boss starts offering to carry your gear.
- The banana is an auspicious plant in India, a sign of prosperity and fertility, and occupies a prominent part in the traditional decorations in any function.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.