Translation of auspicious in Spanish:
- [formal] he has made a most auspicious starton this auspicious occasionha comenzado con muy buenos auspicios or de manera muy prometedora or (in Southern Cone also) auspiciosaen esta feliz ocasiónExample sentences
- It comes into my life at an auspicious moment, as I will be hitting the road on Sunday.
- As mum and dad took photographs or recorded the auspicious moment on the camcorder, the youngsters played happily and tentative new friendships were formed.
- Timing is terribly important in the book trade and the publishers might have chosen to hold it back until a more auspicious moment.
- I do think it is an auspicious sign that women can vote and run for office.
- An auspicious sign of record label interest might be when the company boss starts offering to carry your gear.
- The banana is an auspicious plant in India, a sign of prosperity and fertility, and occupies a prominent part in the traditional decorations in any function.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.