Translation of author in Spanish:
- 1 (writer)escritor, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)(in relation to her/his works) autor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)Colette, the well-known French authorColette, la conocida escritora francesathe author of this bookel autor/la autora de este libroauthor's copyejemplar (masculine) para el autorExample sentences
- Here's a good article by the authors of the new book.
- He is also a prolific writer, being the author of a dozen books on subjects such as Islamic theology, ethics, Sufism and comparative religions.
- Father Yvon was also a noted writer, the author of several books about the sea.
- Acclaimed author Margaret Atwood writes of the influence George Orwell had on her and her writing, to mark the centenary of his birth.
- Years ago, science fiction author Isaac Asimov wrote an anthology of books entitled I, Robot.
- Another reason for his attraction to Deirdre is that they both share a passion for books, especially those written by neglected authors.
- 2 (originator)(of plan, legislation) autor, (-tora) (masculine, feminine)
creador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)(of success) artífice (masculine or feminine)Example sentences
- Very few of the plan's original authors are still there.
- The plan's authors believe there is significant tourism potential for water sports to be further developed and states that the surf school should be expanded to a year round activity.
- In a legal system that's built on analogy and precedent, principles often expand past the boundaries that even their authors originally urged.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.