Translation of automatic in Spanish:
- 1 (Technology, Telecommunications) this model is fully automaticeste modelo es totalmente automáticoto be on automaticestar en automáticoExample sentences
- We have come under automatic machine-gun fire.
- A rifle and two automatic firearms were confiscated.
- He had tried to talk her into bringing an automatic firearm, as the assault would be a heavy one, but she was stubborn, and insisted that the knives would suit her fine.
- These engines are mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or a five-speed automatic transmission.
- This car is fun to drive on twisting country roads, thanks to a well-programmed 6 speed automatic gearbox with a tiptronic option.
- The engine is combined with a new 6-speed automatic gearbox which gives excellent quality gear changes.
- 2 2.1 (inevitable) you'll receive an automatic pay increaserecibirá automáticamente un aumento salarialsince the crime took place in his house, he is an automatic suspectcomo el delito tuvo lugar en su casa, inevitablemente es un sospechosoExample sentences2.2 (instinctive, reflex)
- If this player was always an automatic choice, the omission of some members of the victorious Scottish team in the European Team Championships has raised a few eyebrows.
- They would have been automatic first team choices, but instead they remain sidelined for the remainder of the year as they recover from their respective injuries.
- The other side of the coin is that he has had to leave out players who were once automatic choices, and it's not a task he enjoys.
- Thinking, memory and attitude operate on two levels: the conscious/deliberate and the unconscious / automatic.
- Finally, termination is present when the new behavior has become rather automatic and requires no conscious effort.
- Sometimes, these beliefs are so quick and reflexive that they're automatic, but they still shape our behavior.
- (car)coche (masculine) automático(pistol) automática (feminine)
revólver (masculine) automático(washing machine) lavadora (feminine) automática
lavarropas (masculine) automático (Río de la Plata)Example sentences
- The incessant firings from cannons, mortars, tanks, machine-guns and automatics continue throughout the night.
- It became the best-known automatic or ‘assault rifle’ in the world.
- Make the manufacture of handguns, automatics and certain semiautomatics and their corresponding ammunition illegal.
- Must they be required by law only to drive automatics?
- I prefer the control that manual gears give, and I've always had a bit of a problem with phantom-clutch foot when driving an automatic.
- One day, one day, they will be too old to drive it, they will want an automatic with airbags and ABS and cruise control.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.