Translation of automatic in Spanish:
- 1 [Technology/Tecnología] [Telecom] automático this model is fully automatic este modelo es totalmente automático to be on automatic estar* en automáticoExample sentences
- We have come under automatic machine-gun fire.
- A rifle and two automatic firearms were confiscated.
- He had tried to talk her into bringing an automatic firearm, as the assault would be a heavy one, but she was stubborn, and insisted that the knives would suit her fine.
- These engines are mated to either a six-speed manual gearbox or a five-speed automatic transmission.
- This car is fun to drive on twisting country roads, thanks to a well-programmed 6 speed automatic gearbox with a tiptronic option.
- The engine is combined with a new 6-speed automatic gearbox which gives excellent quality gear changes.
- 2 2.1 (inevitable) you'll receive an automatic pay increase recibirá automáticamente un aumento salarial since the crime took place in his house, he is an automatic suspect como el delito tuvo lugar en su casa, inevitablemente es un sospechoso 2.2 (instinctive, reflex) [response/reaction] automáticoExample sentences
- Thinking, memory and attitude operate on two levels: the conscious/deliberate and the unconscious / automatic.
- Finally, termination is present when the new behavior has become rather automatic and requires no conscious effort.
- Sometimes, these beliefs are so quick and reflexive that they're automatic, but they still shape our behavior.
- If this player was always an automatic choice, the omission of some members of the victorious Scottish team in the European Team Championships has raised a few eyebrows.
- They would have been automatic first team choices, but instead they remain sidelined for the remainder of the year as they recover from their respective injuries.
- The other side of the coin is that he has had to leave out players who were once automatic choices, and it's not a task he enjoys.
- (car) coche (masculine) automático; (pistol) automática (feminine), revólver (masculine) automático; (washing machine) lavadora (feminine) automática, lavarropas (masculine) automático (River Plate area/Río de la Plata)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.