Translation of avant-garde in Spanish:
- the avant-garde la vanguardiaExample sentences
- The city has a reputation for being the one place where rock music and the avant-garde have merged with results that are spectacular rather than excruciating.
- I got into medieval music and the avant-garde, all the fringe stuff that people didn't like, the punk rock of classical music.
- A passionate advocate for the avant-garde in both literature and film, B.S. Johnson gained notoriety for his forthright views on the future of the novel and for his idiosyncratic ways of putting them into practice.
- vanguardista, de vanguardia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.