Translation of avant-garde in Spanish:
- the avant-garde la vanguardiaExample sentences
- The city has a reputation for being the one place where rock music and the avant-garde have merged with results that are spectacular rather than excruciating.
- I got into medieval music and the avant-garde, all the fringe stuff that people didn't like, the punk rock of classical music.
- A passionate advocate for the avant-garde in both literature and film, B.S. Johnson gained notoriety for his forthright views on the future of the novel and for his idiosyncratic ways of putting them into practice.
- vanguardista, de vanguardia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.