Translation of avenue in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (tree-lined walk)paseo (masculine) (arbolado)an avenue of poplarsuna alamedaExample sentences1.2 (broad street) Fifth Avenue
la Quinta AvenidaExample sentences
- It seems that a ha-ha has been banked up to hide the public thoroughfare from which one turns down the private avenue of limes to approach the manor house.
- This handsome Georgian country house is set in delightful mature gardens and grounds in a private location and approached via a lime avenue.
- The house is approached via a tree-lined avenue and is set back from the main road.
- Later we walk down into town, along avenues lined with cypress trees and Cyprus oranges.
- Watson has been growing trees along a two-mile-long avenue in the city for the past 10 years.
- The looting occurred along a broad avenue on the northwestern rim of greater Buenos Aires where unemployment has soared well above the national average.
- 2 (means, method) new avenues of inquirynuevas vías de investigaciónthis is one of the avenues we're exploringesta es una de las vías or posibilidades que estamos explorandoExample sentences
- You never get the impression from his articles that he is trying to direct scientists towards more fruitful avenues of research.
- What makes studying the effects of music on the brain so interesting for researchers are the multitude of different avenues of research possible.
- They pledged to carry their fight on to block this proposal and will investigate all possible avenues of approach.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.