- 1.1 (enthusiastic) (before n) [reader/interest] ávido; [fan/follower] fervienteMore example sentences1.2 (greedy) (pred) to be avid
- She looked at me with avid interest, with those eyes so much like mine.
- She was used to befriending her students and taking and avid interest in their lives.
- Most of them read cookery books with as much avid interest as articles about dieting.
forsth estar* ávido dealgoMore example sentences
- Many of the friendly people they met in Ballina, NSW, showed a great interest in the Irish sister town, after which it is named, and were avid for information about Ballina, Co. Mayo.
- He published this clarification in the Architectural Record for American art lovers, who were avid for information about what was happening in the Old World.
- Here, Labour and the Conservatives - lacking the activist enthusiasm that sustained them for most of the last century - are avid for the costly substitute of electronic technology.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...