Translation of avid in Spanish:
- 1 (enthusiastic) (before noun)(reader/interest)
- She looked at me with avid interest, with those eyes so much like mine.
- She was used to befriending her students and taking an avid interest in their lives.
- Most of them read cookery books with as much avid interest as articles about dieting.
- 2 (greedy) (predicative) to be avid
forsomethingestar ávido dealgoExample sentences
- Many of the friendly people they met in Ballina, NSW, showed a great interest in the Irish sister town, after which it is named, and were avid for information about Ballina, Co. Mayo.
- He published this clarification in the Architectural Record for American art lovers, who were avid for information about what was happening in the Old World.
- Here, Labour and the Conservatives - lacking the activist enthusiasm that sustained them for most of the last century - are avid for the costly substitute of electronic technology.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.