- 1.1 (wait for) esperar we are anxiously awaiting more news estamos impacientes a la espera de or esperando más noticias await further instructions espere a recibir nuevas instrucciones the result still awaits confirmation el resultado no ha sido confirmado aún prisoners awaiting trial detenidos a la espera de juicio a long awaited event un acontecimiento muy esperadoMore example sentences1.2 (be in store for) esperar, aguardar who knows what fate awaits us quién sabe qué nos deparará el destino, quién sabe qué suerte nos espera or aguarda
More example sentences
- The trout fishing event was eagerly awaited, there was a large entry for Senior and Junior events.
- That the sequels are the most eagerly awaited cinematic event of the year is not in question.
- She had earlier spent several months in the prison on remand while awaiting trial.
- The biggest prizes at the top events await anyone who can conquer their nerves and make the most of the current gap in the market.
- Another unique transportation adventure awaits you on one of Hong Kong's buses or trams.
- An even bigger surprise awaits fans of Dylan's craft who make it to the end of the piece.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain the term castellano, rather than español, refers to the Spanish language as opposed to Catalan, Basque etc. The choice of word has political overtones: castellano has separatist connotations and español is considered centralist. In Latin America castellano is the usual term for Spanish.