Translation of await in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (wait for) esperar we are anxiously awaiting more news estamos impacientes a la espera de or esperando más noticias await further instructions espere a recibir nuevas instrucciones the result still awaits confirmation el resultado no ha sido confirmado aún prisoners awaiting trial detenidos a la espera de juicio a long awaited event un acontecimiento muy esperadoExample sentences1.2 (be in store for) esperar, aguardar who knows what fate awaits us quién sabe qué nos deparará el destino, quién sabe qué suerte nos espera or aguarda
- The trout fishing event was eagerly awaited, there was a large entry for Senior and Junior events.
- That the sequels are the most eagerly awaited cinematic event of the year is not in question.
- She had earlier spent several months in the prison on remand while awaiting trial.
- The biggest prizes at the top events await anyone who can conquer their nerves and make the most of the current gap in the market.
- Another unique transportation adventure awaits you on one of Hong Kong's buses or trams.
- An even bigger surprise awaits fans of Dylan's craft who make it to the end of the piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas