Translation of await in Spanish:
- 1 (wait for) we are anxiously awaiting more newsestamos impacientes a la espera de or esperando más noticiasawait further instructionsespere a recibir nuevas instruccionesthe result still awaits confirmationel resultado no ha sido confirmado aúnprisoners awaiting trialdetenidos a la espera de juicioa long awaited eventun acontecimiento muy esperadoExample sentences
- The trout fishing event was eagerly awaited, there was a large entry for Senior and Junior events.
- That the sequels are the most eagerly awaited cinematic event of the year is not in question.
- She had earlier spent several months in the prison on remand while awaiting trial.
- 2 (be in store for) who knows what fate awaits usquién sabe qué nos deparará el destino
quién sabe qué suerte nos espera or aguardaExample sentences
- The biggest prizes at the top events await anyone who can conquer their nerves and make the most of the current gap in the market.
- Another unique transportation adventure awaits you on one of Hong Kong's buses or trams.
- An even bigger surprise awaits fans of Dylan's craft who make it to the end of the piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.