- 1.1 (wait for) esperar we are anxiously awaiting more news estamos impacientes a la espera de or esperando más noticias await further instructions espere a recibir nuevas instrucciones the result still awaits confirmation el resultado no ha sido confirmado aún prisoners awaiting trial detenidos a la espera de juicio a long awaited event un acontecimiento muy esperadoMore example sentences1.2 (be in store for) esperar, aguardar who knows what fate awaits us quién sabe qué nos deparará el destino, quién sabe qué suerte nos espera or aguarda
More example sentences
- The trout fishing event was eagerly awaited, there was a large entry for Senior and Junior events.
- That the sequels are the most eagerly awaited cinematic event of the year is not in question.
- She had earlier spent several months in the prison on remand while awaiting trial.
- The biggest prizes at the top events await anyone who can conquer their nerves and make the most of the current gap in the market.
- Another unique transportation adventure awaits you on one of Hong Kong's buses or trams.
- An even bigger surprise awaits fans of Dylan's craft who make it to the end of the piece.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.