Translation of await in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wait for) we are anxiously awaiting more newsawait further instructionsestamos impacientes a la espera de or esperando más noticiasthe result still awaits confirmationespere a recibir nuevas instruccionesprisoners awaiting trialel resultado no ha sido confirmado aúna long awaited eventdetenidos a la espera de juicioun acontecimiento muy esperadoExample sentences1.2 (be in store for) who knows what fate awaits us
quién sabe qué nos deparará el destinoquién sabe qué suerte nos espera or aguardaExample sentences
- The trout fishing event was eagerly awaited, there was a large entry for Senior and Junior events.
- That the sequels are the most eagerly awaited cinematic event of the year is not in question.
- She had earlier spent several months in the prison on remand while awaiting trial.
- The biggest prizes at the top events await anyone who can conquer their nerves and make the most of the current gap in the market.
- Another unique transportation adventure awaits you on one of Hong Kong's buses or trams.
- An even bigger surprise awaits fans of Dylan's craft who make it to the end of the piece.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.