- 1 (clumsy) [movement/person] torpe; [phrase/expression] poco eleganteMore example sentences
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
- Now she faked her clumsy and awkward movements, often purposely stumbling over anything that came her way.
- Kouki could see by his stiff stance and awkward movement that he didn't like him.
- 2 2.1 (difficult, inconvenient) [shape/angle] incómodo, poco práctico it's an awkward place to get to by rail es difícil llegar allí en tren Tuesday's awkward for me el martes me es difícil or no me viene bien you've called at a rather awkward moment, I'm afraid me temo que llamas en mal momento or en un momento inoportuno she could make things very awkward for you te podría hacer la vida imposible 2.2 (difficult to deal with) difícil he's an awkward customer [colloquial/familiar] es un tipo muy difícil [colloquial/familiar] he's at an awkward age está en una edad difícil
- 3 3.1 (delicate, embarrassing) [decision/subject] delicado you've put me in a very awkward position me has puesto en una situación muy violenta or embarazosa 3.2 (embarrassed) [silence] incómodo, violento an awkward smile una sonrisa forzada I feel awkward in his company me encuentro incómodo or no estoy a gusto con él I feel awkward about discussing it with the doctor me resulta violento hablarlo con el médicoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Had staff consulted with the minister and agreed to feign communication breakdown so as not to have to deal with my awkward questions?
- He dealt with an awkward question on devolution with the surety and intelligence you would expect from a man who refused to be bullied into Vietnam.
- O'Brien's hectic schedule may have been cast aside this weekend as he prepares to deal with many awkward questions, which may include some of the following.
- I'd like to encourage some interactivity in this blog, so if anyone would like to email me with their awkward or embarrassing moments, I can post them here anonymously.
- Even though she had never really cared to notice, the air was damp and the dripping coming from above made the silence very uneasy and awkward.
- There were a few uneasy seconds of awkward silence, everyone looking at Christine with apprehension.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Palacio de Oriente, also known as the Palacio Real, is the official residence of the Spanish Royal Family. The Royal Family now lives in the Palacio de la Zarzuela, on the outskirts of Madrid.