Translation of awkward in Spanish:
- 1 (clumsy)(movement/person)
poco eleganteExample sentences
- That most people walk in an ungraceful, ungainly and awkward manner with a forward inclination of the body does not mean that it is the normal way of walking.
- Now she faked her clumsy and awkward movements, often purposely stumbling over anything that came her way.
- Kouki could see by his stiff stance and awkward movement that he didn't like him.
- 2 2.1 (difficult, inconvenient)(shape/angle)it's an awkward place to get to by rail
poco prácticoes difícil llegar allí en trenTuesday's awkward for meel martes me es difícil or no me viene bienyou've called at a rather awkward moment, I'm afraidme temo que llamas en mal momento or en un momento inoportunoshe could make things very awkward for youte podría hacer la vida imposible2.2 (difficult to deal with) he's an awkward customer [colloquial]es un tipo muy difícil [colloquial]he's at an awkward ageestá en una edad difícil
- 3 3.1 (delicate, embarrassing)(decision/subject)you've put me in a very awkward position
delicadome has puesto en una situación muy violenta or embarazosa3.2 (embarrassed) an awkward smile I feel awkward in his companyme encuentro incómodo or no estoy a gusto con élI feel awkward about discussing it with the doctorme resulta violento hablarlo con el médicoExample sentences
- Had staff consulted with the minister and agreed to feign communication breakdown so as not to have to deal with my awkward questions?
- He dealt with an awkward question on devolution with the surety and intelligence you would expect from a man who refused to be bullied into Vietnam.
- O'Brien's hectic schedule may have been cast aside this weekend as he prepares to deal with many awkward questions, which may include some of the following.
- I'd like to encourage some interactivity in this blog, so if anyone would like to email me with their awkward or embarrassing moments, I can post them here anonymously.
- Even though she had never really cared to notice, the air was damp and the dripping coming from above made the silence very uneasy and awkward.
- There were a few uneasy seconds of awkward silence, everyone looking at Christine with apprehension.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.