Translation of baby in Spanish:
noun plural babies
- 1 1.1 (infant)bebé (masculine)I'm going to have a baby
niño (-ña) (masculine, feminine)
bebe (-ba) (masculine, feminine) (Peru) (Río de la Plata)
guagua (feminine) (Andes)estoy embarazadaI'm having a baby in May
voy a tener un hijo or un niñoespero un niño para mayoshe's having the baby at homeva a tener el niño or a dar a luz en casahe cried like a babylloró como un niñodon't be such a baby!¡no seas niño!to leave somebody holding the baby (British)cargarle el muerto a alguien [colloquial]to throw the baby out with the bathwatertirar las frutas frescas con las pochasExample sentences1.2 (animal)
Example sentences1.3 (youngest member)
- The ultrasound probe is used mainly for head scanning of newborn babies and young children.
- You know how to tell a boy baby from a girl baby without having to look at their genitalia?
- The quadruplets, two boys and two girl babies, are also Niloufer Hospital's first.
Example sentences1.4 (pet, concern) [colloquial]the campaign is her baby
- Three capybaras have been born at the popular animal park and the babies are now delighting visitors as they lap up the autumn sunshine.
- And he accepted without censure that its impulse to slaughter the babies of other animals was entirely natural.
- She said a box with a mother rabbit, her four babies and another adult female were found by her husband Mike when making final checks by the main gate at 2am yesterday.
la campaña es su proyecto or su criaturaExample sentences
- He was only 12 and the baby of the family as our other children have all grown up and left home.
- Thérèse had been the adored baby of her family, instructed every day by two elder sisters who proceeded her into the Carmelite convent in Lisieux.
- The Range Rover badge carries with it a lot of prestige and, while this is the baby of the family, it's still more desirable than anything from Japan.
- I believe it's your baby now but please do some more research.
- It's my baby so I don't really have any time for any other bands.
- Granted, it's his baby, and he can do what he wants with it, but he introduced it as an action/adventure entertainment show.
- This is the only way you can purchase this baby at a discounted price.
- That's not his everyday car, it's his baby.
- I personally would not do it, simply because my laptop is my baby.
- 2(girlfriend) (esp US) [colloquial]
nena (feminine) [colloquial]
chica (feminine)(as form of address)
cariño(boyfriend) chico (masculine)(as form of address)
- She was such a bright, vivacious person, my angel, my star, my baby.
- As for telling us to grow up and grow some hair, I'd love to, baby, I really would.
- I do love you baby.
- 2 (small)(clams/corn)
- Not the display case where you can buy fake nose rings and baby tees and mini glowsticks to roll around on your tongue.
- The shirt was a pink baby tee with a tiny pocket on the right side of my chest.
- Looking for a used grand or baby grand piano?
- Courgettes are actually baby marrows, just picked earlier from the plant.
- Any vegetable producer tan package baby carrots or cut-up celery in individual portions.
- If you want to be veggie, go for the selection of baby vegetables with garlic flavoured tomato concentrate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.