Translation of backer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (supporter)1.2 (sponsor)partidario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)patrocinador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (better)
apostador, (-dora) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- The president and his backers insist that the opposition's relentless protests calling for reform have hurt the economy and have made implementing changes impossible.
- While expanding a project's scope may seem like a good way to spend that extra money or attract additional backers, if you do not plan it out correctly, it can be a bad thing for your project.
- His company attracted high-profile backers.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.