Translation of backer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, (masculine, feminine)
- The film-makers are seeking American backers to finance the project.
- Which major backer would financially support a party that had no chance whatsoever of gaining political power?
- News one of the show's key financial backers was poised to pull its support sent shockwaves across the district.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.