Translation of backer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, (masculine, feminine)
- The president and his backers insist that the opposition's relentless protests calling for reform have hurt the economy and have made implementing changes impossible.
- While expanding a project's scope may seem like a good way to spend that extra money or attract additional backers, if you do not plan it out correctly, it can be a bad thing for your project.
- His company attracted high-profile backers.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to