- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, -ria (m,f) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, -dora (m,f)More example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, -dora (m,f)
More example sentences
- The film-makers are seeking American backers to finance the project.
- Which major backer would financially support a party that had no chance whatsoever of gaining political power?
- News one of the show's key financial backers was poised to pull its support sent shockwaves across the district.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.