- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, -ria (m,f) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, -dora (m,f)More example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, -dora (m,f)
More example sentences
- The film-makers are seeking American backers to finance the project.
- Which major backer would financially support a party that had no chance whatsoever of gaining political power?
- News one of the show's key financial backers was poised to pull its support sent shockwaves across the district.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Sanfermines (The festival of San Fermín) is from 6th-14th July and the festival of el encierro (the 'running of the bulls'), takes place in Pamplona in northern Spain. The animals are released into the barricaded streets and people run in front of them, in honor of the town´s patron saint, San Fermín, who was put to death by being dragged by bulls.