- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, (masculine, feminine)
More example sentences
- The film-makers are seeking American backers to finance the project.
- Which major backer would financially support a party that had no chance whatsoever of gaining political power?
- News one of the show's key financial backers was poised to pull its support sent shockwaves across the district.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)