Translation of backer in Spanish:
- 1.1 (supporter) partidario, (masculine, feminine) 1.2 (sponsor) patrocinador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (better) apostador, (masculine, feminine)
- The film-makers are seeking American backers to finance the project.
- Which major backer would financially support a party that had no chance whatsoever of gaining political power?
- News one of the show's key financial backers was poised to pull its support sent shockwaves across the district.
- In this way, the backer enters into the traditional role of the gambler and the lawyer enters into the traditional role of the bookmaker.
- Ante-post backers with the traditional High Street bookmakers were hit by the withdrawals of several horses with big chances.
- This philosophy has not only made Dunstone popular with punters, it has made his early backers very rich.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a school that is privately owned but receives a government grant is called a colegio concertado. Parents pay monthly fees, but not as much as in a