- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (support) respaldo (masculine), apoyo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Music/Música] acompañamiento (masculine)
More example sentences1.3 c and u (reinforcement) refuerzo (masculine)
- Their financial backing, supported by the Irish Sports Council, makes it one of the most exciting races in Europe.
- All they needed was public support and financial backing.
- However, she managed to find financial backing with the overwhelming support of friends.
More example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (betting) apuestas (feminine plural)
- His slicing guitars and sometimes terrifying backing vocals gave a depth that just can't be captured without him.
- It certainly doesn't need the distraction of echoing backing vocals and the saccharine strings that it has to fight against throughout.
- Her band of musicians also keep things rolling with a pleasant pop-soul vocal backing and occasionally fresh drum patterns.
- The backing or outer layer, the part furthest from the skin, is made of polyester film.
- The rug backing is a strong material and craft knives must be used to make a clean cut.
- Hanging from the beams are 'tangkas', paintings on canvas with a backing of silk cloth, which communicate to the lamas the divine teachings.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Chicanos are Mexican Americans, the descendants of Mexican immigrants living in the United States. For long looked down on by Americans of European descent, Chicano society has found a new pride in its origins and culture. There are numerous Chicano radio stations and cultural organizations in the United States and many universities and colleges now offer courses in Chicano Studies.