Translation of backup in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (support) respaldo (masculine), apoyo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [team/equipment] de refuerzoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Computing/Informática] copia (feminine) de seguridad; (before noun/delante del nombre) [disk/file] de reserva, de seguridad
- Support groups providing backup for people to resist the cravings are available in Darwen and Accrington, with a new group expected to start in Clitheroe next month.
- A support boat will provide backup throughout the challenge.
- The next meeting will take place in November and will include such items as assessment, support and backup.
- Our plan would thus be incomplete without a provision for backup forces, included in most proposals for a rapid reaction force.
- The Government is determined to bring in all necessary scientific backup to monitor the pollution risk and vowed to allocate whatever resources were required.
- You've got a budget of $60 million and $10 million is reserved for backup players.
- So, as you build your computer data backup system, be sure to document your test procedures into handy checklists.
- To ease the procedure you can use some automatic backup software.
- Software upgrades routine backup and restore procedures will also take much less time.
- Make regular backups of your data files to separate file storage device.
- Make simple backups and keep every copy of your Web or FTP site up to date with some standard tools that probably are already on your system.
- I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to make critical backups of important data.
- 2 (traffic jam) (American English/inglés norteamericano) embotellamiento (masculine), taco (masculine) (Chile)Example sentences
- Major interstates are now northbound, but it's slow going, with traffic backups across the region.
- Those are the worst cities, but every city that has a population over that of Denver's is seeing major traffic backups.
- This led to massive traffic backups in one of the busiest parts of the city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the