- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (support) respaldo (masculine), apoyo (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [team/equipment] de refuerzoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 countable/numerable [Computing/Informática] copia (feminine) de seguridad; (before noun/delante del nombre) [disk/file] de reserva, de seguridad
- Support groups providing backup for people to resist the cravings are available in Darwen and Accrington, with a new group expected to start in Clitheroe next month.
- A support boat will provide backup throughout the challenge.
- The next meeting will take place in November and will include such items as assessment, support and backup.
More example sentences
- Our plan would thus be incomplete without a provision for backup forces, included in most proposals for a rapid reaction force.
- The Government is determined to bring in all necessary scientific backup to monitor the pollution risk and vowed to allocate whatever resources were required.
- You've got a budget of $60 million and $10 million is reserved for backup players.
More example sentences
- So, as you build your computer data backup system, be sure to document your test procedures into handy checklists.
- To ease the procedure you can use some automatic backup software.
- Software upgrades routine backup and restore procedures will also take much less time.
- Make regular backups of your data files to separate file storage device.
- Make simple backups and keep every copy of your Web or FTP site up to date with some standard tools that probably are already on your system.
- I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to make critical backups of important data.
- 2 (traffic jam) (American English/inglés norteamericano) embotellamiento (masculine), taco (masculine) (Chile)More example sentences
- Major interstates are now northbound, but it's slow going, with traffic backups across the region.
- Those are the worst cities, but every city that has a population over that of Denver's is seeing major traffic backups.
- This led to massive traffic backups in one of the busiest parts of the city.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.