Translation of badly in Spanish:
adverb comparative worse superlative worst
- 1 (poorly)(write/play/sing)badly explained/organized
malmal explicado/organizadoto do badlyour team did badlya nuestro equipo le fue malthe pound did badly against the dollarla libra bajó bastante respecto al dólarwe're not doing badlyvamos bastante bienthe firm did badly out of the dealla empresa salió mal parada del trato or se perjudicó con el tratoExample sentences
- Both nurses and doctors are working under intense pressure in a service that has been appallingly under-resourced and badly managed.
- That leader must be bold enough to say that devolution is working badly because it is inadequate, that the denial of fiscal autonomy makes for irresponsible and incompetent government.
- Parking in Devizes is inadequate, badly organised and is driving people to other towns where parking is free and easier to find.
- 2 (unfavorably)(start/end)the play was badly received
malla obra fue mal recibidathe interview went badly for himle fue mal en la entrevistaExample sentences
- Yes, some criticism is misplaced and should be rejected, but this isn't always the case even with criticism that is badly or rudely phrased.
- I take criticism very badly, and when I think it is not deserved it sends me into a state of fear and depression.
- It reflects very badly on NSW Police service and it's no wonder residents no longer give information to police because complaints are not acted on.
- 3 (improperly)(behave/treat)
- But feeling really rather badly treated by the staff I decided to resign from the Social Committee.
- While we were eating, one of the children - a boy aged about seven - behaved rather badly, and this brought a stern rebuke from his father.
- But the old king was very angry when he saw how his daughter behaved and how badly she treated all his guests.
- 4 (intensely, severely) (as intensifier) he was badly injuredresultó gravemente heridoa badly scratched record
resultó herido de gravedadun disco muy or terriblemente rayadoyou're badly mistakenestás muy equivocadoI miss her badlyla echo muchísimo de menosyou badly need a haircutte hace mucha falta cortarte el pelothey badly wanted a home of their ownestaban desesperados por tener su propia casaExample sentences
- Two pet dogs were killed and an historic building badly damaged in a fire at Castle Combe on the night of Wednesday 26 February.
- The building was so badly damaged in the fire it will have to be demolished.
- Not only does that stop development and investment; perhaps even more seriously, it badly damages race relations in this country.
- Meanwhile a 15-year-old girl is still in intensive care after being badly hurt on the same stretch two weeks ago.
- Such memories of Artest are common in Chicago, and though the team badly misses his defensive intensity, it does not miss his shenanigans.
- Has the immune system been badly weakened by over intensive exercise?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.