- 1.1 (Cookery)she bakes her own breadbake in a hot ovenhace el pan en casado you fry it or bake it?hornear en horno calientebaked potato¿lo fríes o lo haces al horno?baked custardpapa (feminine) or (Spain) patata (feminine) asada or al horno(tipo de flan)baked Alaska1.2 (in sun)Alaska (masculine) al horno(postre de helado y merengue)(brick)the mud has been baked hard by the suncocer al solel sol ha endurecido el barro
- 1.1 (Cookery)my mother used to bake on Fridays1.2 (in sun)mi madre hacía pasteles ( or pan etc) los viernes(brick)1.3 (in the heat) [colloquial]cocerse al solmorirse de calor [colloquial]asarse [colloquial]Example sentences
- And unusual weather takes the fun out of summer, as many people bake in the worst heat wave in years.
- We had been in the Gulf for several months, baking in the summer heat.
- The BSE crisis came on top of a poor crop production year in 2003 as most of western Canada baked under a summer-long heat wave.
- The advantage lies in the fact that microwave oven bakes the moist ingredients about three times faster.
- She entered the kitchen to the enticing smell of beef stew, newly baked bread, and apple pie.
- We cook, bake bread, make cheese, sew, make soap and candles, and milk goats.
- To help keep larger cuts of meat from drying out while broiling, grilling or baking, sear them first.
- While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients, first the butter and brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts.
- While the pie was baking, she removed some vegetables and meat from the icebox to prepare for dinner.
- 1.1(meal) (American English)(reunión donde se consume comida hecha al horno)1.2 (dish)(British English)(plato hecho al horno)Example sentences
- To date they have made paella, pasta bake, and fishcakes.
- Typical products affected by the alert are shepherd's pies, pasta bakes, cottage pies, chicken wings, sausage casseroles, pizzas, steak and kidney pies and chilli con carne.
- This is the second time in a few weeks that a similar scenario has ensued in different circumstances and I am rather tired of eating overpriced pasta bake and being made to feel that being veggie is a nuisance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than