- 1 (Cookery)she bakes her own breadhace el pan en casabake in a hot ovenhornear en horno calientedo you fry it or bake it?¿lo fríes o lo haces al horno?baked potatopapa (feminine) or (Spain) patata (feminine) asada or al hornobaked custard(tipo de flan)baked AlaskaAlaska (masculine) al horno (postre de helado y merengue)Example sentences
- The advantage lies in the fact that microwave oven bakes the moist ingredients about three times faster.
- She entered the kitchen to the enticing smell of beef stew, newly baked bread, and apple pie.
- We cook, bake bread, make cheese, sew, make soap and candles, and milk goats.
- To help keep larger cuts of meat from drying out while broiling, grilling or baking, sear them first.
- While pie is baking, mix the topping ingredients, first the butter and brown sugar until crumbly, then blending in the nuts.
- While the pie was baking, she removed some vegetables and meat from the icebox to prepare for dinner.
- 2 (in sun)(brick)the mud has been baked hard by the sun
cocer al solel sol ha endurecido el barroExample sentences
- And unusual weather takes the fun out of summer, as many people bake in the worst heat wave in years.
- We had been in the Gulf for several months, baking in the summer heat.
- The BSE crisis came on top of a poor crop production year in 2003 as most of western Canada baked under a summer-long heat wave.
- 1(meal) (American English)(reunión donde se consume comida hecha al horno)Example sentences
- To date they have made paella, pasta bake, and fishcakes.
- Typical products affected by the alert are shepherd's pies, pasta bakes, cottage pies, chicken wings, sausage casseroles, pizzas, steak and kidney pies and chilli con carne.
- This is the second time in a few weeks that a similar scenario has ensued in different circumstances and I am rather tired of eating overpriced pasta bake and being made to feel that being veggie is a nuisance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.