Translation of balcony in Spanish:
noun plural balconies
- 1 (Architecture)(large) terraza (feminine)Example sentences
- He'd also like to open up the rear windows with ceiling-height doors leading to balconies.
- Here the horizontal walls, terraces and balconies merge with their site.
- Thick, white walls were made flamboyant by ornate balconies and luxurious story-length windows.
- 2 (Theatre)(in US) platea (feminine) altaExample sentences
- A woman, seen from above, seated in the balcony of a theatre, in her turn looks down on the spectacle below.
- The audience again cheers, but a new scene soon opens on the balcony above.
- Russel led Matt to a balcony above the balcony that connected to the throne room.
- The first balcony felt much like the balcony at the Ohio Theater, though smaller, except I loved the narrow (less than 3 feet wide, I'm sure) staircases.
- I like to sit in the front of the first balcony.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.