Translation of bald in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-er, -est)
- 1 1.1 [man] calvo, pelón, pelado (Southern Cone/Cono Sur) ; [animal] pelado, sin pelo he's bald es calvo ( or pelón etc) to go bald quedarse calvo ( or pelón etc) he's gone bald está or se ha quedado calvo ( or pelón etc) his bald head shone in the sunlight la calva le brillaba al solExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (worn) [carpet/lawn] pelado, con calvas; [tire] gastado, liso
- Those stem cells could be grown up and used to get hair growing again on bald scalps.
- I really care about my hair, I do my best in order not to go bald.
- You don't have to go bald, but expect your wallet to get slimmer instead.
- A pampered pet Shih Tzu dog was left bald after a Hong Kong salon accidentally shaved him when he was taken in for a grooming, a news report said yesterday.
- The small bald creature leapt gracefully onto the table and outstretched its whip-like tail and its long paper-thin ears.
- Atman gave the bald creature a studying gaze, and connected another blow, directly on its chin.
- The beautiful hills that used to be covered with bushes and trees are now bald.
- Fork over bald areas, add some compost and then sow seed or patch with a piece of turf and water in well.
- Work is being done on the pathways round the lakes in order to keep anglers to the paths and hopefully seed the bald areas.
- Police in North Yorkshire yesterday launched a major clampdown on motorist who drive on worn and bald tyres in an attempt to save lives.
- The car's tyres were bald; a fork was in the ignition; there were beer bottles all over the car and the road; and all three were aged about 18.
- What do you think if you did the same thing, resulting in chronic underfunding of your tyre budget, driving around with bald tyres?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the