- (bundle) a bale of hay/cotton/paperuna paca or un fardo or una bala de heno/algodón/papelExample sentences
- Firefighters remained at the scene through the night and throughout yesterday tackling small pockets of fire in the bales of paper.
- The bales of stamped paper remained unpacked at Castle William; no man being bound to open and distribute them.
- Meanwhile, they burned crops, destroyed railroads and factories and reached Savannah with 25,000 bales of captured cotton.
- Example sentences
- He said that ‘an increase of only 25 kg in Dry Matter per bale will pay for 2 extra layers of film due to the reduced number to be baled & wrapped.’
- Paper is the major waste material, which is baled and packaged here and sold to recycling companies abroad.
- Once back at the depot the foil is sorted and baled by volunteer workers from the Edington Centre, a day centre for adults with special educational needs.
transitive verb(British English)
- (Nautical) = → bail3
- = → bail out
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.