Translation of ballast in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Aviation, Nautical)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (counterbalance) 1.3 (for road, railroad bed)
- Many ships discharge their ballast and bilge during loading and unloading because many Black Sea ports lack reception facilities.
- The bilges are firm and ballast is low which makes for a stiff boat that stands up well to a blow.
- The shells could have been brought back as ballast on ships or collected by sailors or travelers for their wives, daughters, or friends.
- It is obvious that the ‘cancer’ shields were actually invented to add weight to phones in order that they would be more effective when used as ballast in hot air balloons.
- Either he carries more ballast, or his glider/harness has less drag than the ATOS C with me or Johann on it.
- It's almost twice as heavy as lead, so it's great for armour plating, radiation shielding, ballast in missiles and aircraft counterweights.
- Some 97,000 tonnes of stone were transported in and 10,000 tonnes of ballast laid along the track bed.
- The area developed with the founding of the town of Katoomba in the 1860s to supply quarried ballast to the railways.
- They are also used, to a more limited extent, for railway ballast.
- To transfer the weight of the ballast and the box girder to the longitudinal central beam that anchors the stays, vertical posttensioning has been provided in the fin walls.
- As well, Mr. MacAdam confirms that he advised the plaintiffs to engage a roofing consultant to give an opinion on the adequacy of the roof flashings and the roofing ballast.
- It was built from a combination of heavyweight concrete and steel ballast to develop the required weight.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.