- 1.1 (toy) globo (masculine), bomba (feminine) (Colombia) , chimbomba (feminine) (Central America/América Central) balloon loan préstamo (masculine) balloon ([ préstamo reembolsable al vencimiento ]) balloon sail blooper (masculine)More example sentences1.2 [Aviation/Aviación] globo (masculine), aeróstato (masculine) meteorological o weather balloon globo (masculine) sonda to go over o (British English/inglés británico) down like a lead balloon [colloquial/familiar] caer* muy mal [colloquial/familiar] when the balloon goes up (British English/inglés británico) cuando estalle or [colloquial/familiar] reviente el asunto (before noun/delante del nombre) [ride/trip] en globo
More example sentences1.3 (in comic strip) globo (masculine), bocadillo (masculine)
- It is now colourfully decorated in balloons and streamers.
- The gaily coloured banners and balloons decorating the streets give the impression of an impromptu homecoming party.
- Other similarly coloured decorations included flowers, balloons, the cake and the reception at the Hanover International.
More example sentences1.4balloon (flask) matraz (masculine)
- Just as an object less dense than water rises to the surface, our balloon filled with hot air rises through the surrounding air.
- The blast of red hot air filled the balloon, lifting them high into the air.
- But all in all, I could understand hot-air balloon aviators' fascination with the sport.
- When applicable, Robinson will overlap his word balloons.
- You've mentioned the haiku-like or telegram-like quality of word balloons in comics.
- They're confused as to whether one follows the panels across or down, in what order the word balloons are sequenced, and so forth.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.