Translation of balloon in Spanish:
- 1 (toy) balloon loanpréstamo (masculine) balloon (préstamo reembolsable al vencimiento)balloon sailblooper (masculine)Example sentences
- It is now colourfully decorated in balloons and streamers.
- The gaily coloured banners and balloons decorating the streets give the impression of an impromptu homecoming party.
- Other similarly coloured decorations included flowers, balloons, the cake and the reception at the Hanover International.
- 2 (Aviation) meteorological o weather balloon to go over o (British English) down like a lead balloon [colloquial]caer muy mal [colloquial]when the balloon goes up (British English)cuando estalle el asuntocuando reviente el asunto [colloquial](before noun) (ride/trip)
en globoExample sentences
- Just as an object less dense than water rises to the surface, our balloon filled with hot air rises through the surrounding air.
- The blast of red hot air filled the balloon, lifting them high into the air.
- But all in all, I could understand hot-air balloon aviators' fascination with the sport.
- 3 (in comic strip)Example sentences
- When applicable, Robinson will overlap his word balloons.
- You've mentioned the haiku-like or telegram-like quality of word balloons in comics.
- They're confused as to whether one follows the panels across or down, in what order the word balloons are sequenced, and so forth.
- 2 (swell)hincharseExample sentences
- It split down the middle to reveal a light lavender petticoat and the sleeves ballooned out, at the top, and cascaded down, past her hands, ending in a waterfall of silky material.
- The necks of old port bottles, for example, usually have a slightly bulbous form, so that the lower part of the cylindrical cork is weakened where it ballooned out and became cone shaped.
- I was about to breathe a sigh of relief when they ballooned out and started to parachute down in the middle of the courtyard.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.