Translation of balloon in Spanish:
- 1.1 (toy) globo (masculine), bomba (feminine) (Colombia) , chimbomba (feminine) (Central America/América Central) balloon loan préstamo (masculine) balloon ([ préstamo reembolsable al vencimiento ]) balloon sail blooper (masculine)Example sentences1.2 [Aviation/Aviación] globo (masculine), aeróstato (masculine) meteorological o weather balloon globo (masculine) sonda to go over o (British English/inglés británico) down like a lead balloon [colloquial/familiar] caer* muy mal [colloquial/familiar] when the balloon goes up (British English/inglés británico) cuando estalle or [colloquial/familiar] reviente el asunto (before noun/delante del nombre) [ride/trip] en globo
Example sentences1.3 (in comic strip) globo (masculine), bocadillo (masculine)
- It is now colourfully decorated in balloons and streamers.
- The gaily coloured banners and balloons decorating the streets give the impression of an impromptu homecoming party.
- Other similarly coloured decorations included flowers, balloons, the cake and the reception at the Hanover International.
Example sentences1.4balloon (flask) matraz (masculine)
- Just as an object less dense than water rises to the surface, our balloon filled with hot air rises through the surrounding air.
- The blast of red hot air filled the balloon, lifting them high into the air.
- But all in all, I could understand hot-air balloon aviators' fascination with the sport.
- When applicable, Robinson will overlap his word balloons.
- You've mentioned the haiku-like or telegram-like quality of word balloons in comics.
- They're confused as to whether one follows the panels across or down, in what order the word balloons are sequenced, and so forth.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the