- 1 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (system of voting) votación (feminine) to decide by ballot decidir por votaciónMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (instance of voting) votación (feminine) to hold o take a ballot on sth someter algo a votación first/second ballot primera/segunda votación 1.3 countable/numerable (number of votes cast) número (masculine) de votos
More example sentences1.4 countable/numerable ballot (paper) papeleta (feminine), boleta (feminine) electoral (Mexico/México) (River Plate area/Río de la Plata) , carta (feminine) electoral (Venezuela)
- Every district secretary, every regional secretary was elected by ballot.
- Teachers in four other schools are to hold consultative strike ballots over the same issue.
- Eurotunnel train drivers are to hold a strike ballot over the issue of trade union recognition, it was announced this week.
- The turnout for the ballot was 68 per cent, and of those, the vote was 2,947 in favour of action and 2,246 against.
- There was a low turnout in the ballot with just 30 percent of teachers voting.
- With less than 1 percent of ballot votes counted, the U.S.-backed Karzai is ahead with 56 percent of the vote.
- 2 countable/numerable (drawing of lots) (British English/inglés británico) sorteo (masculine) to have a ballot hacer* un sorteoMore example sentences
- The Ticket Window, sometimes known as a ticket ballot or lottery, will give every applicant an equal chance of getting seats for individual matches.
- Now they are holding a ballot to decide which of the villains will win the dubious honour of having his or her effigy burned on a Guy Fawkes bonfire next month.
- Maureen was one of 1,000 lucky people to have won tickets for the event in a competition ballot, and among an estimated 200 to have seen both events.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (vote) votar 1.2 (draw lots) (British English/inglés británico) to ballot
forsth sortear algo
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.