noun/nombre (plural -boos)
- 1.1 u and c (plant) bambú (masculine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (stems) (caña (feminine) de) bambú (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [furniture] de bambú
More example sentences
- Grasses, sedges and bamboos are grown mostly for their foliage and anything that enhances that effect is worth having.
- The towering banana trees, giant bamboos and coconut palms were surrounded by endless varieties of smaller plants and flowers.
- His slides showed examples of phormium, umbellifors, ferns and grasses, such as yuccas, angelica, tree ferns, bamboos and pampas grass.
- Sometimes, the placing and spacing requires a bit of thought, so I poke in small bamboo canes where I want plants to go.
- The neighboring village of Bona is also known as a major producer of bamboo furniture and basketry.
- We also organise festivals to popularise bamboo furniture and local art forms.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that the primary meaning of almuerzo is lunch? It is used only in this sense in most of Latin America. In Spain and Mexico, where comida is the usual word for lunch, almuerzo can also be a mid-morning snack.