Translation of bamboo in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -boos)
- 1.1 u and c (plant) bambú (masculine)Example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (stems) (caña (feminine) de) bambú (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [furniture] de bambú
- Grasses, sedges and bamboos are grown mostly for their foliage and anything that enhances that effect is worth having.
- The towering banana trees, giant bamboos and coconut palms were surrounded by endless varieties of smaller plants and flowers.
- His slides showed examples of phormium, umbellifors, ferns and grasses, such as yuccas, angelica, tree ferns, bamboos and pampas grass.
- Sometimes, the placing and spacing requires a bit of thought, so I poke in small bamboo canes where I want plants to go.
- The neighboring village of Bona is also known as a major producer of bamboo furniture and basketry.
- We also organise festivals to popularise bamboo furniture and local art forms.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to