Translation of banish in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (exile) she was banished from her native landla desterraron (de su patria)he tried to banish her from his mindintentó apartarla de su pensamientointentó desterrarla de su pensamiento [literary]Example sentences1.2 (prohibit) cars have been banished from the shopping streets
han prohibido la circulación en la zona comercial
- When I'm banished to my little corner of the loungette with my laptop, I do seven hours of actual writing.
- Coleman was banished to the stand for the second half of the game, which Stanley lost 2-1.
- A healthy competition between the sexes can also be fun once the young child is banished to bed.
- 2 (dispel) (fear/worries/doubts)hacer olvidardesvanecer [literary]Example sentences
- She is the epitome of quiet indignation, especially on learning that the smell of cigar smoke will soon be banished from the cigar shop.
- Normal and necessary parts of our diet, such as salt and sugar and fat, have also been re-defined as toxins to be banished from our bodies.
- Even oysters and mussels are banished from the Singer table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.