- 1.1 [Finance/Finanzas] banquero, (masculine, feminine)More example sentences1.2 (in gambling) banca (feminine)
More example sentences
- They do it to bulge the bank accounts of bankers, company managers, and investors all over the world.
- The article discusses six Barclays bankers who managed to spend £44,000 on one meal.
- We have been acting as bankers and managers to public issues.
- The banker has to be Baracouda (Stayers' Hurdle, Thur 1435).
- The opening race of the meeting, which began to the sound of the famous Cheltenham cheer, was won by Brave Inca, one of the Irish bankers of the meeting.
- Moscow Flyer also proved to be the pick of Geraghty's winners last year, taking the Queen Mother Champion Chase and the 10-year-old as his banker once again this year.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.