Translation of bankruptcy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (of company)(Law)to file for bankruptcythey went into bankruptcy in 1929presentar una solicitud de declaración de quiebraquebraron en 1929Example sentences1.2 uncountable (of policy) moral bankruptcy
bancarrota (feminine) moralExample sentences
- During a recession, the increase in bankruptcies and the fall in asset prices shrink the asset bases of the banks.
- The Enterprise Bill will help to reduce the stigma associated with honest failures, including bad-luck bankruptcies.
- Most of the bankruptcies stemmed from excess debt and other problems exacerbated by the slowdown.
- Her literary debut, The Grass Is Singing, exposed the moral bankruptcy of the white settler culture.
- This type of moral and epistemic bankruptcy is now entrenched in the corporation's output.
- The demons of hell are having a celebration, cheering the moral bankruptcy of our generation!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.