Translation of bankruptcy in Spanish:
noun plural bankruptcies
- 1 uncountable and countable (of company)(Law)to file for bankruptcy
quiebra (feminine)presentar una solicitud de declaración de quiebrathey went into bankruptcy in 1929quebraron en 1929Example sentences
- During a recession, the increase in bankruptcies and the fall in asset prices shrink the asset bases of the banks.
- The Enterprise Bill will help to reduce the stigma associated with honest failures, including bad-luck bankruptcies.
- Most of the bankruptcies stemmed from excess debt and other problems exacerbated by the slowdown.
- 2 uncountable (of policy) moral bankruptcybancarrota (feminine) moralExample sentences
- Her literary debut, The Grass Is Singing, exposed the moral bankruptcy of the white settler culture.
- This type of moral and epistemic bankruptcy is now entrenched in the corporation's output.
- The demons of hell are having a celebration, cheering the moral bankruptcy of our generation!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.