Translation of barbarian in Spanish:
- Example sentences
- But that attaches all of the barbarian interlude to ancient history, which is counter to our usual notions.
- And maybe that date will be viewed in future centuries as the beginning of the great barbarian invasions.
- This promising line of thought takes us back to the barbarian invasions that overwhelmed Rome in the 5th century.
- The view of the cross as the sacrifice for the sins of the world is a barbarian idea based on primitive concepts of God and must be dismissed.
- Terminal illness makes a fantastic, fun-filled irreverent backdrop for black comedy, exploding with comments on humankind's barbarian invasion of the planet.
- The supervisory board of the Bulgarian National Bank was a straight jacket for the elite, which drained the financial system in a pagan and barbarian way.
- bárbaro, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- It was arrogant pretension of the ancient Greeks to imagine that barbarians were slaves by nature.
- Hadrian, we are informed by his fourth-century biographer, built his wall to divide the Romans from the barbarians.
- Although the Roman aristocrats despised the barbarians, many also believed that they could use them to their own purposes.
- It has become very fashionable in the middle reaches of government to beat up on the Americans as being uncultured barbarians.
- The arrogant barbarians were again shown that they could never defeat The Chosen People.
- Texans were more or less thought of as yahoo barbarians somewhere between the Beverly Hillbillies and Deliverance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.