Translation of barbarity in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)u and c
- 1.1 (brutality) brutalidad (feminine) the barbarities of the regime las atrocidades del régimenExample sentences1.2 (lack of cultivation) barbarie (feminine)
- Ghastly and horrendous as it was, the sustained massacres, barbarities and cruelties committed on the Hindus that lasted off and on for almost a millennium were of an even larger magnitude.
- Many regarded the cruelties and barbarities of communist regimes as inherent in communism.
- At a time when the world is numbed with barbarities and deceits, Fanon, with his passionate anger, needs to be rediscovered.
- There has been a great deal of uninformed comment about how this work resurrects the medievalism - that is, supposedly, the barbarity - of Passion plays, but I wonder how many of these critics have actually seen a medieval Passion play.
- These women's voices were often mediated by male authorities who shaped their stories in ways that supported colonial endeavours and reinforced an opposition between ideas of pure female virtue and native barbarity.
- He was troubled by the barbarity of manners on the frontier.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.