Translation of barbarity in Spanish:
noun plural barbaritiesuncountable and countable
- 1 (brutality) the barbarities of the regimelas atrocidades del régimenExample sentences
- Ghastly and horrendous as it was, the sustained massacres, barbarities and cruelties committed on the Hindus that lasted off and on for almost a millennium were of an even larger magnitude.
- Many regarded the cruelties and barbarities of communist regimes as inherent in communism.
- At a time when the world is numbed with barbarities and deceits, Fanon, with his passionate anger, needs to be rediscovered.
- 2 (lack of cultivation)Example sentences
- They believe there is a war between right and wrong, faith and falsehood, civilisation and barbarity and that all tactics are justified in the last-ditch struggle to defend what they believe in.
- Without the culture of the Public Service, there will only be barbarity in this place.
- Culturally, Constance Garnett helped to dispel the image of barbarity with her translations of Tolstoy and other leading Russian writers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.