Translation of barbarity in Spanish:
noun plural -tiesuncountable or countable
- 1 (brutality) the barbarities of the regimelas atrocidades del régimenExample sentences
- Ghastly and horrendous as it was, the sustained massacres, barbarities and cruelties committed on the Hindus that lasted off and on for almost a millennium were of an even larger magnitude.
- Many regarded the cruelties and barbarities of communist regimes as inherent in communism.
- At a time when the world is numbed with barbarities and deceits, Fanon, with his passionate anger, needs to be rediscovered.
- 2 (lack of cultivation)Example sentences
- There has been a great deal of uninformed comment about how this work resurrects the medievalism - that is, supposedly, the barbarity - of Passion plays, but I wonder how many of these critics have actually seen a medieval Passion play.
- These women's voices were often mediated by male authorities who shaped their stories in ways that supported colonial endeavours and reinforced an opposition between ideas of pure female virtue and native barbarity.
- He was troubled by the barbarity of manners on the frontier.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.