Translation of barbecue in Spanish:
- 1 (grid and fireplace)Example sentences
- Consider cooking on an outside barbecue grill or use a microwave oven, which does not generate as much heat and uses less energy than a gas or electric range.
- Complement your healthy summer lifestyle with fresh food cooked on the barbecue.
- The women all cook together on dow tarns - wood fire barbecues out the back.
- 2 (food cooked on grid)Example sentences
- Throughout the weekend, club members and their families came by to eat barbecue and many side dishes.
- We would be eating pizza or barbecue food, not spaghetti by candlelight.
- Wade, is it true that you had eaten barbecue, were throwing up over people, had a broken arm, and it was gushing blood, all while you were playing?
- 3 (social occasion)Example sentences
- On my last day in Australia, my parents cooked me a barbecue in their backyard barbecue area.
- At a barbecue food is cooked on a rusty grill which birds have probably used as a toilet on a daily basis since last summer.
- There are less formal meals, picnics and barbecues and the forthcoming brunch is one of these occasions.
- (cook on grid)asar a la parrilla or a la brasaExample sentences
- While Stephen and Louis sat down on the sand drinking beer and talking, Jessica and Cecilia took turns in barbecuing the yummy food.
- Dad barbecued some steaks, and Mom made potato salad and corn on the cob.
- When the American Institute for Cancer Research issued guidelines for barbecuing meat safely, this somehow reminded Corcoran of the Nazi era.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.