Translation of bare in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (uncovered)(blade/body/flesh/shoulder)
descalzo(floorboards)bare from the waist up
sin alfombrardesnudo hasta la cinturato lay something bare
con el torso desnudoponer or dejar algo al descubiertoa landscape bare of vegetationun paisaje desprovisto de vegetaciónExample sentences
- They shared a white sheet covering their bare body from the waist down.
- ‘I need a cup of coffee, and badly,’ he decided as he got out of bed and threw a robe on, covering his bare body.
- Fabyein's broad back was turned to her; his sun-darkened body was bare beneath the covers.
- How the trees looked so naked and bare with no coverings.
- I love to watch plants grow, covering fences and bare earth.
- Roofs seemed to jig unevenly as shingles drooped off of the edges, while many had bare spots with no covering at all.
desnudo(room)bare of ornament
con pocos mueblessin adornoExample sentences
- She opened the light green fridge, an odd colour but it was just regular by Val's standards, and rummaged through the bare contents.
- He was in a plain, bare cell with bars and the whole bit.
- Children told me of having their rooms stripped bare and the contents thrown into the corridor.
- 2 (before noun) 2.1 (without details)(statement)he gave me just the bare facts
escuetose ciñó estrictamente a los hechosExample sentences2.2 (mere) the bare essentials/necessities
lo estrictamente esencial/necesariothey have the barest majoritytienen una mayoría muy escasathey earn the bare(st) minimumganan lo justo para vivirthe incident was given a bare two paragraphsel incidente apenas si mereció dos párrafos
- For all that, the staging will be simple, a bare set putting the focus on the performers' physical presence.
- In general he eschewed complicated effects of pulsating or flashing lights, preferring a bare and simple presentation that brought him within the orbit of Minimal art.
- Nicole told Tommy that she liked the simple, bare hotel room.
- to bare one's headquitarse el sombrerothe dog bared its teeth
descubrirseel perro enseñó or mostró los dientesshe bared her soul to meme abrió su corazónExample sentences
- One of the prisoners bared his back after his initial arrest to reveal open welts allegedly caused by baton and rubber hoses.
- With Britney baring her belly every chance she gets, tummies are getting more attention than ever.
- The Comte rushed to help her, and as she seemed to be stifling, cut her bodice open with his dagger, baring her shoulder.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.