Translation of barque in Spanish:
- 1.1 (sailing ship) corbeta (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (boat) [literary/literario] bajel (masculine) [literary/literario], barca (feminine)
- The latest vessel to confirm its involvement is the 295-feet long Eagle, a three-masted sailing barque with 21,350 square feet of sail and five miles of rigging.
- The difference between a barque and a ship is the way the aftmost mast is rigged.
- The sea reflected our good fortune in hues of glassy green, turquoise and cobalt blue and into this unearthly vision we quietly launched our sailing barque.
- The lesser barques and rowboats that move about in the background are those of Religion.
- The barked torrent of words flowed over me: a cataract of verbiage with unknown phrases sticking up like sharp rocks to confound the frail barque of my self-confidence and perhaps overwhelm it.
- Bishop Peter J. Lee had for many years been viewed as a moderate, tilting to this side or that in order to keep his little barque afloat.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.