Translation of barrage in Spanish:
- 1 /bəˈrɑːʒ; ˈbærɑːdʒ/ 1.1 [Military/Militar] (action) descarga (feminine); (fire) cortina (feminine) or barrera (feminine) de fuego artillery barrage descarga (feminine) de artillería, bombardeo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (deluge) aluvión (masculine) a barrage of questions/criticism un aluvión de preguntas/críticas
- Surprisingly, a few enemy soldiers and vehicles had survived the concentrated artillery barrage and helicopter attack.
- Most of the damage was done by the Sri Lankan military through air raids and artillery barrages.
- This eliminates the traditional requirement for an area fire or artillery barrage.
- As a last example, suppose a development authority plans to build a barrage across an estuary to increase property values and generate opportunities for marina developments.
- Dams and irrigation barrages have also added to the woes of the dolphins.
- There is a 5mph speed limit on the whole of the river upstream of the barrage.
- 2 /ˈbɑːrɪdʒ; ˈbærɑːdʒ/ (dam) presa (feminine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/bəˈrɑːʒ; ˈbærɑːʒ/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the