Translation of barrage in Spanish:
- 1American English: /bəˈrɑ(d)ʒ/ British English: /ˈbarɑːʒ/ 1.1 (Military) (action)(fire)artillery barrage
cortina (feminine) or barrera (feminine) de fuegodescarga (feminine) de artillería1.2 (deluge) a barrage of questions/criticism
bombardeo (masculine)un aluvión de preguntas/críticasExample sentences
- As a last example, suppose a development authority plans to build a barrage across an estuary to increase property values and generate opportunities for marina developments.
- Dams and irrigation barrages have also added to the woes of the dolphins.
- There is a 5mph speed limit on the whole of the river upstream of the barrage.
- Surprisingly, a few enemy soldiers and vehicles had survived the concentrated artillery barrage and helicopter attack.
- Most of the damage was done by the Sri Lankan military through air raids and artillery barrages.
- This eliminates the traditional requirement for an area fire or artillery barrage.
transitive verbAmerican English: /bəˈrɑ(d)ʒ/ British English: /ˈbarɑːʒ/
- to barrage somebody
withsomethingshe was barraged with questionsla bombardearon or acosaron or acribillaron a preguntasthey were barraged with complaintsrecibieron un aluvión de quejasExample sentences
- During our talk, he barraged me with questions about my relationship with Rowen.
- They barraged him with questions, none of which John understood save for one; ‘Who is that?’
- When Kait went downstairs that morning after taking a long, soothing shower, Aunt Sally immediately barraged her with questions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.