Translation of barrage in Spanish:
- 1 /bəˈrɑːʒ; ˈbærɑːdʒ/ 1.1 [Military/Militar] (action) descarga (feminine); (fire) cortina (feminine) or barrera (feminine) de fuego artillery barrage descarga (feminine) de artillería, bombardeo (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (deluge) aluvión (masculine) a barrage of questions/criticism un aluvión de preguntas/críticas
- Surprisingly, a few enemy soldiers and vehicles had survived the concentrated artillery barrage and helicopter attack.
- Most of the damage was done by the Sri Lankan military through air raids and artillery barrages.
- This eliminates the traditional requirement for an area fire or artillery barrage.
- As a last example, suppose a development authority plans to build a barrage across an estuary to increase property values and generate opportunities for marina developments.
- Dams and irrigation barrages have also added to the woes of the dolphins.
- There is a 5mph speed limit on the whole of the river upstream of the barrage.
- 2 /ˈbɑːrɪdʒ; ˈbærɑːdʒ/ (dam) presa (feminine)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/bəˈrɑːʒ; ˈbærɑːʒ/
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.