- 1 1.1 (wall) barrera (f), muro (m) crash barrier valla (feminine) protectora crowd barrier valla (feminine) de contención (before noun/delante del nombre) barrier methods of contraception métodos (masculine plural) anticonceptivos mecánicos or de barrera 1.2 (gate) (British English/inglés británico) barrera (feminine)(ticket barrier)punto de acceso al andén, donde hay que presentar el billete automatic barrier barrera automáticaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- However, he told council he would like to protect the fence with barriers, to prevent vehicle operators from accidentally running into the fence.
- The only barrier is to the movement of cars onto the streetcar tracks.
- As helicopters buzzed overhead, army engineers erected concrete barriers and razor wire fences in the fields off Drumcree Road.
- An investigation has been launched after a minibus full of passengers went through the barriers at Manningtree railway station - just seconds before a train was due to arrive.
- Automatic barriers at the village railway station were controlled by rail staff during the emergency.
- Nurses at Wallsend Aged Care Facility have voted to take industrial action if work commences to build barriers or gates to car parking areas.
- 2 2.1 (obstacle) barrera (feminine) language/cultural barrier barrera idiomática/cultural to break down the barriers between nations romper* las barreras entre las naciones 2.2 (crucial point) barrera (feminine) the sound barrier la barrera del sonidoMore example sentences
- The large food retailers are going global, and as barriers to trade come down, the economics ate determining where the investment and trade take place.
- But the remaining barriers to completely liberalized trade lend themselves to be very focused defensive positions.
- What are the barriers to effective communication?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.