Translation of barrier in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (wall) crash barriervalla (feminine) protectoracrowd barriervalla (feminine) de contención(before noun) barrier methods of contraceptionmétodos (masculine plural) anticonceptivos mecánicos or de barreraExample sentences1.2 (gate)
- However, he told council he would like to protect the fence with barriers, to prevent vehicle operators from accidentally running into the fence.
- The only barrier is to the movement of cars onto the streetcar tracks.
- As helicopters buzzed overhead, army engineers erected concrete barriers and razor wire fences in the fields off Drumcree Road.
barrera (feminine)also: ticket barrier(punto de acceso al andén, donde hay que presentar el billete)automatic barrierbarrera automáticaExample sentences
- An investigation has been launched after a minibus full of passengers went through the barriers at Manningtree railway station - just seconds before a train was due to arrive.
- Automatic barriers at the village railway station were controlled by rail staff during the emergency.
- Nurses at Wallsend Aged Care Facility have voted to take industrial action if work commences to build barriers or gates to car parking areas.
- 2 2.1 (obstacle) language/cultural barrierbarrera idiomática/culturalto break down the barriers between nationsromper las barreras entre las nacionesExample sentences2.2 (crucial point) the sound barrier
la barrera del sonido
- The large food retailers are going global, and as barriers to trade come down, the economics ate determining where the investment and trade take place.
- But the remaining barriers to completely liberalized trade lend themselves to be very focused defensive positions.
- What are the barriers to effective communication?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.