Translation of base rate in Spanish:
- (British English)tipo (masculine) or tasa (feminine) (de interés) de referenciaExample sentences
- If the Bank of England puts the base rate up, then mortgage rates will go up.
- They are slow to cut mortgage rates when the base rate is falling, and sometimes fail to pass on base-rate cuts in full.
- When the Bank of England changes its base rate, mortgage lenders react by raising their variable rates, too.
Definition of base rate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.