Translation of basis in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural bases /ˈbeɪsiːz/)
- 1 c and u (foundation, grounds) base (feminine) on what basis do you make these assertions? ¿en qué se basa usted para afirmar eso? on the basis that … partiendo de la base de que … on the basis of these facts sobre la base de estos hechos, en base a estos hechos [criticized usage/uso criticado]Example sentences
- The second is that programmes can only be justified on the basis of how many people watch them.
- An order will always have to be justified on the basis of the child's welfare.
- We try to figure out what is so, reasoning on the basis of what we already know.
- 2 (system, level) (no plural/sin plural) we meet on a regular/monthly basis nos reunimos regularmente/mensualmente on a regional/national basis a nivel regional/nacional the work is done on a voluntary basis el trabajo se hace voluntariamente all clients are treated/charged on an equal basis a todos los clientes se los trata igual/se les cobra lo mismoExample sentences
- He laid the basis for modern ideas of democracy and the legitimacy of majority rule.
- You will recall that in our alternative arguments we submit two bases for a finding of the true value of the asset purchased.
- They both took issue with the logical basis of the Design argument.
- They also require evidence that these checks are carried out on a regular basis by staff at the home.
- We intend to carry out similar operations on a regular basis over the coming months.
- Visit your dentist or hygienist to have your teeth scaled and polished on a regular basis.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...