n (pl bases /ˈbeɪsiːz/)
- 1 c u (foundation, grounds) base (f) on what basis do you make these assertions? ¿en qué se basa usted para afirmar eso? on the basis that … partiendo de la base de que … on the basis of these facts sobre la base de estos hechos, en base a estos hechos [uso criticado/criticized usage]More example sentences
- The second is that programmes can only be justified on the basis of how many people watch them.
- An order will always have to be justified on the basis of the child's welfare.
- We try to figure out what is so, reasoning on the basis of what we already know.
- 2 (system, level) (no pl) we meet on a regular/monthly basis nos reunimos regularmente/mensualmente on a regional/national basis a nivel regional/nacional the work is done on a voluntary basis el trabajo se hace voluntariamente all clients are treated/charged on an equal basis a todos los clientes se los trata igual/se les cobra lo mismoMore example sentences
More example sentences
- He laid the basis for modern ideas of democracy and the legitimacy of majority rule.
- You will recall that in our alternative arguments we submit two bases for a finding of the true value of the asset purchased.
- They both took issue with the logical basis of the Design argument.
- They also require evidence that these checks are carried out on a regular basis by staff at the home.
- We intend to carry out similar operations on a regular basis over the coming months.
- Visit your dentist or hygienist to have your teeth scaled and polished on a regular basis.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.