Translation of basket in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for shopping)(on hot-air balloon) barquilla (feminine)linen o laundry basketcanasto (masculine) or cesto (masculine) de la ropa sucia(before noun) basket chair basket makercestero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)basket makingExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (quantity)
- Place dishes in a wire basket or other container and dip them in a sanitizing solution.
- Something else struck me in the picture, and that was that the women going about their shopping all carried baskets or shopping bags, not a plastic carrier in sight.
- Many of these were used for other purposes, such as laundry baskets or to carry alcohol.
Example sentences1.3 (Finance)basket of currencies
- When partially inflated, the air is heated by a burner and the envelope rises above the basket.
- The heated air that lifts the balloon comes from a hydrocarbon gas burner attached above the basket.
- Explore beautiful Colorado from the basket of a hot air balloon.
canasta (feminine) de divisas (especially Latin America)
- However, the central bank persisted in pegging the baht to a basket of currencies in which the dollar had 80 per cent influence.
- Now it is possible that in the first six months of next year, they move to an exchange rate that is tied to a basket of currencies.
- Consequently, he is advising investors to buy a basket of commodities such as copper, sugar, cotton, corn and crude oil.
cesta (feminine) de monedas (especially Spain)
- 2 (in basketball) 2.1 (goal)Example sentences2.2 (score)
- They almost won, even though they only scored 2 real baskets the whole game.
- We went out and scored the first basket in the second half and couldn't continue the pace.
- Many of his title game baskets were scored after setting up deep in the low post.
- 3 (male genitals)(American English) [slang]
paquete (masculine) [colloquial]
- 4 (bastard)(British English) [colloquial] [euphemistic]
hijo, (-ja) (masculine, feminine) de su madre [colloquial] [euphemistic]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.