Translation of basketball in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (game) baloncesto (masculine), básquetbol (masculine) (Latin America/América Latina) (before noun/delante del nombre) basketball player jugador, (masculine, feminine) de baloncesto or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) de básquetbol, baloncestista (masculine and feminine), basquetbolista (masculine and feminine) (Latin America/América Latina)Example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (ball) pelota (feminine) de básquetbol or (Spain/España) balón (masculine) de baloncesto
- You'll be able to watch live premiership games, basketball, golf, cricket, and all sorts.
- This is why, perhaps, football and basketball are the team sports with the widest global appeal.
- I get fed up with the number of points they score in basketball but I quite like a few goals in football.
- I can see what they are saying about some of the balls, as the kids bring in rugby balls and basketballs and it can possibly get a bit out of hand.
- There were basketballs, soccer balls, volleyballs, etc.
- The yard is littered with basketballs, soccer balls, bikes, and, for trips on the nearby river, canoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas