- (Cookery)(rociar con su jugo o con mantequilla etc durante la cocción)Example sentences
- Always heat your marinades before basting meat or poultry.
- Mop sauce gets its name from a utensil similar to a small string mop that the chuck wagon cook would use to baste meats, literally mopping on the sauce while cooking.
- You want to look for a brisket with the most fat, because it protects and bastes the meat naturally.
- (sew loosely)Example sentences
- Turn the lining inside out to enclose seams and baste the lining loose edges to the suit front at the leg openings, neckline and armholes.
- The ribs have a tendency to slip, so pin or baste well prior to stitching the seams.
- Substitute basting tape or basting-adhesive glue stick for basting stitches whenever practical, even for holding zippers in place.
- (American English) [colloquial] [dated] (thrash)pegarle una paliza aExample sentences
- If she had had an umbrella she would have basted him over the head with it.
- They basted him for his labour, kept him prisoner.
- He was more mortified at that, than the feeling of the pain and he did not moan no matter how hard they basted him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.