- 1.1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] bastión (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (stronghold) baluarte (masculine), bastión (masculine)
More example sentences
- A large area was enclosed by a defensive wall with bastions and monumental gates, and the natural sheltered harbour was extended and deepened.
- The walls had rounded angles with semicircular projecting bastions for artillery with an entrance on the south side.
- A wall was built of mud brick on a limestone foundation, punctuated by projecting bastions to allow cross-firing against anyone attacking the wall.
- In this chaos the last bastion of defence of a society is the judiciary.
- The public sector has become the last bastion of comfortable retirement in Britain.
- ‘You know I believe this attitude towards heavy people is the last bastion of open discrimination in our society,’ Andante quoted her as saying.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to