- 1.1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] bastión (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (stronghold) baluarte (m), bastión (m)
More example sentences
- A large area was enclosed by a defensive wall with bastions and monumental gates, and the natural sheltered harbour was extended and deepened.
- The walls had rounded angles with semicircular projecting bastions for artillery with an entrance on the south side.
- A wall was built of mud brick on a limestone foundation, punctuated by projecting bastions to allow cross-firing against anyone attacking the wall.
- In this chaos the last bastion of defence of a society is the judiciary.
- The public sector has become the last bastion of comfortable retirement in Britain.
- ‘You know I believe this attitude towards heavy people is the last bastion of open discrimination in our society,’ Andante quoted her as saying.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an