Translation of bastion in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] bastión (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (stronghold) baluarte (masculine), bastión (masculine)
- A large area was enclosed by a defensive wall with bastions and monumental gates, and the natural sheltered harbour was extended and deepened.
- The walls had rounded angles with semicircular projecting bastions for artillery with an entrance on the south side.
- A wall was built of mud brick on a limestone foundation, punctuated by projecting bastions to allow cross-firing against anyone attacking the wall.
- In this chaos the last bastion of defence of a society is the judiciary.
- The public sector has become the last bastion of comfortable retirement in Britain.
- ‘You know I believe this attitude towards heavy people is the last bastion of open discrimination in our society,’ Andante quoted her as saying.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the