- 1.1 [Archit] bastión (m)More example sentences1.2 (stronghold) baluarte (m), bastión (m)
More example sentences
- A large area was enclosed by a defensive wall with bastions and monumental gates, and the natural sheltered harbour was extended and deepened.
- The walls had rounded angles with semicircular projecting bastions for artillery with an entrance on the south side.
- A wall was built of mud brick on a limestone foundation, punctuated by projecting bastions to allow cross-firing against anyone attacking the wall.
- In this chaos the last bastion of defence of a society is the judiciary.
- The public sector has become the last bastion of comfortable retirement in Britain.
- ‘You know I believe this attitude towards heavy people is the last bastion of open discrimination in our society,’ Andante quoted her as saying.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Argentina (Día de la Independencia)