Translation of bastion in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Architecture/Arquitectura] bastión (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (stronghold) baluarte (masculine), bastión (masculine)
- A large area was enclosed by a defensive wall with bastions and monumental gates, and the natural sheltered harbour was extended and deepened.
- The walls had rounded angles with semicircular projecting bastions for artillery with an entrance on the south side.
- A wall was built of mud brick on a limestone foundation, punctuated by projecting bastions to allow cross-firing against anyone attacking the wall.
- In this chaos the last bastion of defence of a society is the judiciary.
- The public sector has become the last bastion of comfortable retirement in Britain.
- ‘You know I believe this attitude towards heavy people is the last bastion of open discrimination in our society,’ Andante quoted her as saying.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.