Translation of bathe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (wash)(wound/eyes)(baby/dog) (American English)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (drench) (usually passive) to be bathed
- Use cotton wool, or a pad for removing make-up, to soak up this mix and gently bathe the eyes.
- Hop Sing continued to gently bathe the wound; although there was little point it offered some comfort and hope to the young man.
- After meals, gently bathe the site with warm salt water (one teaspoon of table salt to a glass).
- Anyway, with my terrier, sometimes I bathe her to wash the allergens off.
- In the naming ritual, the grandmother kneels and washes the mother's hair, then bathes the baby.
- No one ever taught me how to actually bathe a baby!
insomething(in tears/sweat/light)estar bañado enalgoExample sentences
- And at winter dusk, sky and snow are bathed in delicate colours which linger for hours.
- On a sunny Sunday that is unseasonably warm, the Pawson household is bathed in light and filled with the smell of roasting lamb.
- Kita was immediately bathed in a pool of white light.
- 1.1 (take bath)(American English)1.2 (go swimming)bañarse(British English)bañarseExample sentences
- I would land from time to time and swim and bathe in the lake and watch as white birds lifted from the water and soared off to the clouds.
- Summer now exists only as a vague memory, a time when all was warm and I bathed in lakes and pools and kissed and danced (possibly).
- Both men and donkeys stepped into the cool waters of the river, bathed and then spent some time under the green shady trees.
- People used the same water to bathe, wash their cows and drink,’ Bascombe related.
- But what if the upstream community wants to use the water to bathe and wash clothes, and the result will be a shortage of drinking water for the downstream community?
- In other news, I got to bathe in running water tonight!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to