Translation of battery in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ries)
- 1 countable/numerable (in radio, lamp) pila (feminine); (in car, motorcycle) batería (feminine) the battery is flat la batería está descargada battery-operated racing cars coches (masculine plural) de carrera a pila(s) or que funcionan con pilas to recharge one's batteries cargar* las baterías, recuperar la energía battery charger cargador (masculine) de pilas [Cars/Automovilismo] cargador (masculine) de bateríasExample sentences
- The redox reaction in the battery is the source of the electrical energy; batteries are voltaic cells.
- If there's no electricity, how do you get the energy to power the batteries for the cameras?
- The product is advertised to operate using static electricity only and requiring no batteries or other power sources.
- 2 countable/numerable (artillery) batería (feminine)Example sentences
- The disappearance of the classical front line required that artillery batteries fight as infantry in the defense of their guns.
- This consisted of 10 regular and 18 irregular regiments of cavalry, 74 regiments of infantry, and 22 artillery batteries.
- However, the Panzer Regiment destroyed a motorized column and an artillery battery before the French could withdraw.
- 3 countable/numerable [Agric] batería (feminine) ([ conjunto de jaulas instaladas para la explotación avícola intensiva ]); (before noun/delante del nombre) [eggs/hens] de criadero, de batería battery farming cría (feminine) intensivaExample sentences
- The European Commission recently announced an end to the cramped conditions suffered by hens housed in battery cages.
- But, if animal welfare is the aim, Parliament should be legislating on intensive animal farming methods and battery chickens raised in windowless warehouses.
- Newer European battery cages with manure belts provide a system for daily clean out of manure.
- 4 countable/numerable (array, set) a battery of tests una serie de tests a battery of questions una sarta de preguntas he is advised by a battery of lawyers lo asesora un verdadero ejército de abogados
- 5 uncountable/no numerable (with physical harm) lesiones (feminine plural); (without physical harm) agresión (feminine), violencia (feminine); (of wife, child) malos tratos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- That would be a criminal action, namely assault (rather than battery which includes physical contact).
- Kantor has listed three of them in her complaint: assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- In most cases of battery or actual bodily harm the causal connection will be plain, but cases involving drugs have presented difficulties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.