Translation of battery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 countable(in radio, lamp) pila (feminine)(in car, motorcycle) batería (feminine)the battery is flatla batería está descargadabattery-operated racing carscoches (masculine plural) de carrera a pila(s) or que funcionan con pilasto recharge one's batteriescargar las bateríasbattery charger
recuperar la energíacargador (masculine) de pilas(Cars)
cargador (masculine) de bateríasExample sentences
- The redox reaction in the battery is the source of the electrical energy; batteries are voltaic cells.
- If there's no electricity, how do you get the energy to power the batteries for the cameras?
- The product is advertised to operate using static electricity only and requiring no batteries or other power sources.
- 2 countable (artillery)Example sentences
- The disappearance of the classical front line required that artillery batteries fight as infantry in the defense of their guns.
- This consisted of 10 regular and 18 irregular regiments of cavalry, 74 regiments of infantry, and 22 artillery batteries.
- However, the Panzer Regiment destroyed a motorized column and an artillery battery before the French could withdraw.
- 3 countable (Agriculture)batería (feminine) (conjunto de jaulas instaladas para la explotación avícola intensiva)(before noun) (eggs/hens)battery farming
de bateríacría (feminine) intensivaExample sentences
- The European Commission recently announced an end to the cramped conditions suffered by hens housed in battery cages.
- But, if animal welfare is the aim, Parliament should be legislating on intensive animal farming methods and battery chickens raised in windowless warehouses.
- Newer European battery cages with manure belts provide a system for daily clean out of manure.
- 4 countable (array, set) a battery of testsuna serie de testsa battery of questionsuna sarta de preguntashe is advised by a battery of lawyerslo asesora un verdadero ejército de abogados
- 5 uncountable(with physical harm) lesiones (feminine plural)(of wife, child) malos tratos (masculine plural)Example sentences
- That would be a criminal action, namely assault (rather than battery which includes physical contact).
- Kantor has listed three of them in her complaint: assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- In most cases of battery or actual bodily harm the causal connection will be plain, but cases involving drugs have presented difficulties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.