Translation of battery in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1 countable (in radio, lamp)(in car, motorcycle)the battery is flatbattery-operated racing carsla batería está descargadato recharge one's batteriescoches (masculine plural) de carrera a pila(s) or que funcionan con pilasbattery chargercargar las bateríasrecuperar la energíacargador (masculine) de pilas(Cars)cargador (masculine) de bateríasExample sentences
- The redox reaction in the battery is the source of the electrical energy; batteries are voltaic cells.
- If there's no electricity, how do you get the energy to power the batteries for the cameras?
- The product is advertised to operate using static electricity only and requiring no batteries or other power sources.
- 2 countable (artillery)Example sentences
- The disappearance of the classical front line required that artillery batteries fight as infantry in the defense of their guns.
- This consisted of 10 regular and 18 irregular regiments of cavalry, 74 regiments of infantry, and 22 artillery batteries.
- However, the Panzer Regiment destroyed a motorized column and an artillery battery before the French could withdraw.
- 3 countable (Agriculture)(before noun) (eggs/hens)battery farmingde criaderode bateríacría (feminine) intensivaExample sentences
- The European Commission recently announced an end to the cramped conditions suffered by hens housed in battery cages.
- But, if animal welfare is the aim, Parliament should be legislating on intensive animal farming methods and battery chickens raised in windowless warehouses.
- Newer European battery cages with manure belts provide a system for daily clean out of manure.
- 4 countable (array, set) See examples: a battery of testsa battery of questionsuna serie de testshe is advised by a battery of lawyersuna sarta de preguntaslo asesora un verdadero ejército de abogados
- 5uncountable (with physical harm)lesiones (feminine plural)(of wife, child)Example sentences
- That would be a criminal action, namely assault (rather than battery which includes physical contact).
- Kantor has listed three of them in her complaint: assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
- In most cases of battery or actual bodily harm the causal connection will be plain, but cases involving drugs have presented difficulties.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to