Translation of battle in Spanish:
nouncountable or uncountable
- 1 (Military) to fight/lose/win a battlelibrar/perder/ganar una batallato go into battleentrar en batallato do battle let battle commence!¡que se inicie la contienda!gun battle(before noun) (scars/zone)
de guerra(plan)battle formation
de batallaformación (feminine) de batalla or de combateExample sentences
- Hymns and prayers were said in memory of those who died in battle and those who fought and survived.
- He enjoyed wars and was the first prime minister since the duke of Wellington to have fought in battle.
- Sovereignty was a figure for all those brave soldiers who fought and died in battle.
- The pair had been embroiled in lengthy legal battles over Daniel, but had reached a shared custody agreement on his care before Kevin's death.
- One of the most difficult battles waged by these women has been against Public Works Department contractors.
- Allison and Kevin had, following lengthy legal battles, reached a shared custody agreement on Daniel's care.
- 2 (struggle) the battle against inflation/cancerla lucha contra la inflación/el cáncerI had a battle with my consciencetuve problemas con mi concienciathe battle for the leadershipla lucha or la contienda por el liderazgoa battle of witsuna lucha de ingeniothat's half the battle (won)eso ya es un gran paso adelanteto fight a losing battleluchar por una causa perdida
- 2 (struggle)to battle
againstsomething/somebodylucharhe battled against alcoholism contraalgo/alguienluchó contra el alcoholismoI was battling with the controlsestaba luchando con los controlesafter months of battling with union leaderstras meses de forcejeo or de enfrentamiento con los líderes sindicalesthe patient was battling for lifeel paciente se debatía entre la vida y la muertethey battled over the inheritancese pelearon por la herenciaExample sentences
- Players on both sides are unknowingly battling for cross hemisphere respect from people they will never meet.
- As it stands, national lobby groups are battling against the ad budgets of brand name giants.
- Furious residents are battling for the second time to stop huge mobile phone masts going up in Corsham town centre.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.